Main Menu

Dana 60

Started by 70hemiRR, January 24, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I've had two 71 B-Body ones, they are really rare but they seem to be hard to sell.
Sheldon

GrandpaKevin

I picked up an E-body Dana 60 a few years ago at a Mopar swap meet.

The rear end had been completely rebuilt with all new bearings, axles, 3.73 gear and PWR LOK diff.

The rear end originally came out of a wrecked E-body and the axles tubes were bent and had to be replaced.

The seller was having a hard time selling the rear end because it didn't have the factory axle stampings and was motivated to sell as he had bought a bunch of core rear ends and big blocks at the meet and didn't have the room to take the Dana home. 

I bought it for $1200

I guess it really isn't an original E-body Dana anymore without the axle stampings but it sure works great behind my 440 4 speed... :burnout:

JH27N0B

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 25, 2018, 07:02:45 PM
I've had two 71 B-Body ones, they are really rare but they seem to be hard to sell.
Hey Sheldon, how do you ID a 71-72 Dana?

RUNCHARGER

You can take the BOM# and run it or just measure it. As memory serves they are 1 3/4" wider than an E-body rearend I find it easiest to measure backing plate to backing plate.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

Ok, I'll get some info off it next time visit my car at the storage building.  Thanks!

draginmopars

Confused, was told my 68 Dana in my Satellite is to wide for the cuda??

I want to run 10" wide with 5" back space
Ha-Ha Racin
Havin "Fun" 101
Howard

Chryco Psycho

The 60 Dana is a perfect fit for the Cuda

draginmopars

Ha-Ha Racin
Havin "Fun" 101
Howard

RUNCHARGER

Yes, the B-Body Dana's work great in an E. This is an aluminum B-Body Dana 60 I installed in a friends 71 Cuda.
Sheldon

1970 4 Speed

Hi,

I`ve a Dana 60 for B-body sitting on my 1970 Challenger R/T and desperate looking for a Dana 60 for E-body. (original A-34 Super Track Pack car).
Wanna trade?

thanks
Jesper

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site @1970 4 Speed  :wave:
Good luck in your search  :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @1970 4 Speed   I just sold one to my buddy.  I'll ask him if he wants to sell it.  E-Body Dana's go for a little bit more then a B-body.

1970 4 Speed