Main Menu

Dash harness

Started by Challenger in NC, May 23, 2020, 12:20:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

I acquired this harness about 10 years ago along with a bunch of other parts. All wires look good including insulation but I have no idea what is under the black wrap, looks like someone used std. electrical tape on it. Bulk head, fuse block and fittings appear to be in very good condition. Bulkhead has part# 2983213. I cannot remember what car this came out of.  Is this harness worth dealing with?

anlauto

I've sold used harnesses like that for "parts" people rob the connectors off of them. I usually get around $40....if it is a rally dash harness for say, a 1970 E Body, I've got around $100 ????  I think you need to identify what it is first  :alan2cents:

You could likely hold out for more, me, I'm just typically looking the get rid of stuff...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Its a Challenger harness going by the part of wiring you show going in bulkhead, Cuda is different.
72-74 harness judging by the wiring with plastic pad that goes to dimmer switch.
Ist picture is Challenger harness like yours.
Second picture is a Cuda harness

Challenger in NC

Thanks. I may just save the connectors and trash the wiring,, probably not worth holding out for the few buyers willing to take a chance on 50 year old wiring.