Main Menu

E body clock stem pieces (standard gauges)

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, August 16, 2019, 03:40:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gzig5

Ha!  More than a few weeks.  Actually, almost no traction.  I blew the car apart completely this past year for body work.  To the good, the dash assembly is leaning in the corner in the basement.  To the bad, I've been busy and I simply haven't done anything on the clock stem.  I have to move the entire dash contents to a replacement dash core because the original core is bent from an accident. I hope to get to that in the next few weeks, and that will be a good opportunity to look at the clock.  I'll update the thread again when I get to that point, but feel free to prod me if there is a long delay.

elan71

Hi
I'm currently have the same problem, missing these parts on my standard clock.
Is there any possibility to buy these now?
Would be great if I can get my clock back to life as it should.
Thank you in advance.
Greetings from Switzerland
Daniel
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

JunkYardFind

I have actually managed to get ONE reproduced! A 20 something year old kid that works in a watch repair shop made a perfect repro out of brass. They are a 3 generation family owned business...these guys KNOW clocks! Pics posted below.

The repro works exactly as the original. Unfortunately I have none for sale...YET. I should be able to get a few more made soon. Likely going to sell for $100 each. Cost me quite a bit up front to get this far.

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

elan71

Looks very nice.
I'm thinking about making it by myself. The problem are the American threads. Can anyone tell me which threads are used here? Then I can see if I can find a suitable tool. 
71 'Cuda 340 Automatic

truckinman466

Junkyard find.com, were you able to get any more of these made yet. I'd buy one if so.

6bblgt

Quote from: JunkYardFind.com on April 15, 2021, 12:42:23 AM
I have actually managed to get ONE reproduced! A 20 something year old kid that works in a watch repair shop made a perfect repro out of brass. They are a 3 generation family owned business...these guys KNOW clocks! Pics posted below.

The repro works exactly as the original. Unfortunately I have none for sale...YET. I should be able to get a few more made soon. Likely going to sell for $100 each. Cost me quite a bit up front to get this far.

@JunkYardFind.com   if you are going forward with this - you should purchase the reproduction knob * so that visible part appears factory correct once installed   :alan2cents:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233785268905?

7E-Bodies

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JunkYardFind

@6bblgt
YIKES! Almost $50 just for the repro knob piece?
I will see if I find them cheaper but likely will have to stick with what is shown above. I will see if I can get a couple more made and sell them through this thread.
@truckinman466
If I can get more made, I will message you.

Jay Bee

Quote from: JunkYardFind.com on May 17, 2021, 02:12:55 AM
@JunkYardFind.com that $47.00 price is for a PAIR, each one is only $23.50. Does that help to reconsider making them factory looking.

6bblgt

Quote from: JunkYardFind.com on May 17, 2021, 02:12:55 AM
@6bblgt
I will see if I find them cheaper but likely will have to stick with what is shown above. I will see if I can get a couple more made and sell them through this thread.

IMO this comment makes NO sense (will your part accept the correct knob?)  :looney:  if the part does not look correct it will limit sales @JunkYardFind.com

if you are making the part for function only - that's the wrong mindset & your audience will be Civic owners (you know, guys with functional automobiles - not vintage collectables)

& I think Tony's Parts makes the reproductions, you are unlikely to find them "cheaper" & yes, that's for a pair

JunkYardFind

Ah, I see. Okay, $25 for the pair is a bit better. I will see what I can come up with.

Jay Bee

Quote from: JunkYardFind.com on May 17, 2021, 01:32:33 PM
Ah, I see. Okay, $25 for the pair is a bit better. I will see what I can come up with.
It's NOT $25 (23.50) for the pair, that's the price for each.

anlauto

Not that hard to find used ones either :alan2cents:

Just to be clear, I mean the rally dash knobs, not the standard clock remote  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JunkYardFind

@Jay Bee
Sadly, ebay and everywhere else online now charges tax on every purchase.

Jay Bee