Main Menu

For Sale 70 RT U Code FJ5 Thoughts

Started by Ebbs, February 28, 2018, 07:12:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Ebbs

E Body Forum

I recently came over from the other E bodies forums and have been looking for a "driver" quality 70 RT Challenger or Cuda for sometime.  My prior RT U code Go Mango project was too much work for me with work and family.

Wondering what your thoughts are on this 70 RT U code?  Looks like a nice driver quality car with some neat options.

Hopefully the pictures are attached

Thanks
Brad

Cuda Cody

Do you know what the previous history is on the car?  It looks like a fairly nice driver and it has some cool options on a great color, but you don't want to end up with a rust bucket that someone patched up with plastic.  What's the story on it? 

And Welcome to the site @Ebbs   :welcome:

Ebbs

Cody
Just talked with owner who is a Chevy guy..he had owned the car for a couple of years now and is moving on to a 66 Vette build and needs funds.  Original engine comes with car and all body stampings are proper..
I asked for a few extra pics which I should get tonight

Brad

Cuda Cody

Did he say why the original engine was not used in the car?  Does it have a build sheet?

Spikedog08

Certainly a cool car but more info is definitely needed . . . Welcome and good luck in your search! 

:wave:   :twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Plumcrazy72

Looks like a nice car. As long as its not a cut up hack job rust bucket and its valued right can't go wrong with that one. Build sheet/original equipment is nice but if its just going to be drove and enjoyed then thats only important to the guy who wants it to be.
:burnout:
1972 340 PCP
2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad
2020 Ram Rebel

Ebbs

Prior owner removed motor to be rebuilt...basically the top end of the current motor is original and the short block which is out needs rebuilding

No build sheet

Will get additional pictures of body tomorrow

Brad

RUNCHARGER

Kind of a neat car but just in the photos a ton of stuff is missing that keep it from being a big dollar car. Body condition is a big deal so you really want to inspect in person for a good idea of condition. No one wants to wade in but the value could be anywhere from $25k-$35k is my guess.
Sheldon

anlauto

Brad
It's hard to put a value on a car based on a few photos, not know the asking price and even harder to say if it's a good deal for you, not knowing what you're looking for.

I think a "U" code 70 Challenger in this condition with these options could be anywhere from $25K to $45K.....depending on the condition of the underside, how much rust repair and how it was done etc...etc...etc...

From what I'm seeing, I would hope the asking price, or selling price would be no more then $30K...

The big question, is this a car you would be happy with ? Do the modifications bother you or is that the direction you would want to go anyways ?

There's nicer cars out there, likely for more money and I'm sure there's cheaper cars too....It boild down to what you're looking for and what you want to spend.

Share the guys asking price and then we can tell you whether or not we think it's worth it. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

Welcome to the site.  Are you looking for a driver? Are you content with this one the way it is?  Paint jobs are not cheap so hopefully you can figure out whats underneath the paint.  Keep the pics and info coming.

Ebbs

Forum

Some additional pic's..
My main question now is the missing K-member skid plate?

The engine stamping is from the original engine which is not currently in the car. Also the original 26 inch radiator comes with the car.

My main idea with a car is to find a correct numbers driver car that I can enjoy.. 

Total originality of each part is not a big deal, just don't want a re-body or pieced together junk

Appreciate any advice
Regards
Brad

Cuda Cody

I don't see anything that would scare me away from it. 

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't be scared to buy it either. You just have to personally check over the body and pay the right price for it. I still think somewhere between $25k and $35k.
Sheldon

Ebbs

Thanks guys

Going to make an offer on the car tomorrow

Brad

Ebbs

My offer of $33k was not accepted..I will keep looking

Thanks for the help in diagnosing this car

Regards
Brad