Main Menu

Front and Rear Challenger valances 72-74?

Started by fc7cuda, May 14, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fc7cuda

I think these are for the 72-74 Challengers, rear mounts different then I'm used to.  Thanks.

blown motor

@fc7cuda would you happen to have the trim piece for the front valance?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

A 73-74 rear valance would have an extra triangular bracket welded to the license plate area. It was there to space the license plate out farther due to the bumpers being further away from the body.  Weren't 1970 rear valance brackets a one year only deal?  I think they went to the single center bracket in 71.  That would make your valance correct for 71-72.  It will fit any year though.

fc7cuda

Quote from: blown motor on May 15, 2018, 06:50:21 AM
@fc7cuda would you happen to have the trim piece for the front valance?

I put it on me SE.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Burdar on May 15, 2018, 08:03:40 AM
A 73-74 rear valance would have an extra triangular bracket welded to the license plate area. It was there to space the license plate out farther due to the bumpers being further away from the body.  Weren't 1970 rear valance brackets a one year only deal?  I think they went to the single center bracket in 71.  That would make your valance correct for 71-72.  It will fit any year though.

I wasn't sure when the change took place(71 vs 72), but I have a 71 parts car to check and see if it fits/mounts.  Thank you for your response.  :bigthumb: