Main Menu

Help identifying and worth of this older tachometer - not mopar

Started by Rutro, December 22, 2019, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rutro

OK, I tread lightly by putting this on the site. I realize it has nothing to do with E-Bodies, y'all some of the nicest and best car guys I know.
Do any of you have skills in identifying older tachs? I can't find any identifying maker.
If the MODS need to flame this, please feel free.
Thanks!

JS29

@Rutro  That looks familiar, Maybe an early to mid 60's GM. console mounted possibly.  :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

Cool Part , no reason to shut down the post !
The plug actually is very Mopar looking .
I am no help in identifying it tho sorry  :thinking:

jimynick

Quote from: JS29 on December 22, 2019, 01:11:24 PM
@Rutro  That looks familiar, Maybe an early to mid 60's GM. console mounted possibly.  :alan2cents:
:iagree:  Yep. It looks a lot like one of the console mounted tachs in the 65-66 Buicks that my stepfather used to bring home new. Hard to say positively, but it sure looks GMish.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

6bblgt

it's an AC Delco tach for an early/mid '60s Buick - probably rewired & the face "BUICK" removed - also missing the redline pointer & knob

here's a new decal kit on eBay  :rubeyes:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Console-tachometer-buick-tach-face-plate-and-RPM-gauge-scale-decals/174099061615?hash=item28891cdb6f:g:h5gAAOSwd49b1Jcu

BIGSHCLUNK

Ya now that's a GM looking plug. No clue what the first one is from , but I'm with Neil... it does look like a MOPAR style plug   :notsure:

Cudakiller70

6bblgt

the '66 Chevelle "KNEE-KNOCKER" tach is a similar AC Delco unit w/o the adjustable pointer & a different face