Main Menu

Help Setting Pricing - Some more "Desirable" E-Body Parts

Started by Floyd, June 21, 2020, 08:25:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

I'm finding its tougher to find examples of comparable sales online.  Ebay completed auctions for rarer parts are few and far between and I'm not on FB.  I would appreciate some input on observed market prices for some of these more-desirable (at least to me) E-body parts.  I'm deciding what to let go so I can keep my resto funded.

Original 1970 Cuda front rubber bumper.  Minor damage at one of the jacking locations (repairable), all studs intact. 

Original 1970 Go Wing Spoiler.  Excellent condition with no cracks and only minor paint chips.

1971 E-Body Motorola AM/FM thumbwheel radio.  Nice original with all wires/pigtail present.  Tested and in working condition.  Faceplate undamaged but will require minor touch up for worn paint.

1970 E-Body AM/8-Track Radio.  Restored by Ward's in mid-2019 and in excellent working condition.

Original 1970-71 Challenger Shaker Trim Ring.  All studs have been professionally repaired (by Rick Kreuziger, aka "Resto Rick")

Thanks!

Jay Bee

Don't know if this is of any value or not but here goes.

In 2013 I sold a spoiler similar to your description with pedestals and all the 1970 mounting accessories for $350.00 CAD.
IMHO, that AM/FM is the Holy Grail, my guess is $1,200.00 USD.

I'm curious to hear other opinions too. Personally, I'd keep all that rare, valuable, desirable stuff.

headejm

Quote from: Floyd on June 21, 2020, 08:25:04 AM

1970 E-Body AM/8-Track Radio.  Restored by Ward's in mid-2019 and in excellent working condition.

:alan2cents: $800 +/- $200 USD

I bought a nice original for $600 but I've seen them go higher.

Cuda Cody

Is Ward's still restoring 8 tracks (or any radios)?  I'm not sure who is even restoring them now.  I would be at $1,000 on that restored radio.   :alan2cents:

Floyd

No, it was completed about a year ago.  I bet I got one of the last 8-track restos out of their shop before they closed down.  Very sorry to see them go.

anlauto

I'll take a stab at it....I could be way off, but this is what I would be willing to pay if I was looking:

Original 1970 Cuda front rubber bumper.  $800-$1000

Original 1970 Go Wing Spoiler.  $500-$600

1971 E-Body Motorola AM/FM thumbwheel radio.  $900-$1000

1970 E-Body AM/8-Track Radio.  $1000-$1200

Original 1970-71 Challenger Shaker Trim Ring.  $400-$500

I think the radios would be fairly quick sale, while the other parts are reproduced so you need to find that buyer insisting on OEM parts, which cuts out a lot of guys building drivers or resto-mod type builds.

I'm sure your PM box will start filling up today  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

I can't say my opinion is based on any recent facts, but if I were buying I'd be at the following:

Original 1970 Cuda front rubber bumper.  Minor damage at one of the jacking locations (repairable), all studs intact. $750

Original 1970 Go Wing Spoiler.  Excellent condition with no cracks and only minor paint chips. $500

1971 E-Body Motorola AM/FM thumbwheel radio.  Nice original with all wires/pigtail present.  Tested and in working condition.  Faceplate undamaged but will require minor touch up for worn paint. $1000, but full disclosure I'm taking a Phillips AM/FM to Carlisle

1970 E-Body AM/8-Track Radio.  Restored by Ward's in mid-2019 and in excellent working condition.  $1200.

Original 1970-71 Challenger Shaker Trim Ring.  All studs have been professionally repaired (by Rick Kreuziger, aka "Resto Rick") $400, not in high demand

Thanks!
[/quote]

Floyd

chargerdon

Regarding those prices...sometimes what things are "worth" and what someone will give you are two different things !!!   Just saying...

At East Coast Classic Cars...  on the floor and looking beautiful is a all white with blue stripe and white interior 69 Firebird Trans Am...   with a 3 sp manual on the floor.   Thats right a manual 3sp on the floor.   Its probably one of one...and because of that the listed price is $140,000.  Its been sitting there on the floor for 3 years so far...