Main Menu

I Found a Tucked Away Collection For Sale...

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 12, 2020, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

@RUNCHARGER school me on the difference regarding your coupe question. I seriously know nothing on B bodies. Zero. Also, I fully agree with everything you're saying.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RUNCHARGER

The coupe has flip out rear side windows as opposed to roll down windows.
Sheldon

RzeroB

"A 68 426 Hemi Road Runner ... tons of hemi OEM parts go with it"

To me this seems to be the unknown variable that can really influence the package's value ... this unknown wild-card can make a huge difference money wise depending on what's there.  :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 13, 2020, 12:43:13 PM
The coupe has flip out rear side windows as opposed to roll down windows.

...and a big "B" pillar separating the door glass and quarter glass. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 13, 2020, 12:34:44 PM
Any idea what colour the Runner is and if it is a coupe?

He said "bronze" which would be Turbine Bronze.

That's a copper, light brown metallic, med gold, etc color... not on the upper half of desirable colors.

Also, with 1968's the build sheet is important. It's the only thing that ties the fender tag to the body. '68 fender tags don't have vin's on them. One of the reasons 68's don't bring as much as 69 Road Runners do.

Most to Least desirable ($$$) Road Runners (68-70) if all equal:

70 -most
68 -least

Some of this may be more argumentative:

71 Hemi RR bring more than these because of low build numbers
71 six pack RR's are less than 70 and 69 1/2
71 383 RR's are less than 68's, but close. 71 tend to have more desirable colors and options that make them more unequal option-wise.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

RUNCHARGER

I missed the bronze thing, yes not my favorite colour especially with 15 inch wheels and dogdishes.
Sheldon

autoxcuda

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 13, 2020, 10:39:03 AM
@anlauto and Cody's price is exactly where the seller is starting. I won't lie, I'm not into B bodies. Never owned one. Nor do I need or particularly want a hemi car. I'm absolutely foaming at the idea of a TA. Especially in that color and a 4 speed. My hope was to sell all things hemi related and make the TA end up way cheaper. Or even negate its price completely. For instance if a hemi RR 4 speed would net me a quick 80, then the spare hemi another 25, I'd be getting a "survivor" TA for 20, minus any amount I could lower him to. But from what I'm seeing a 68 Hemi Road Runner just doesn't turn the coin the a hemi E would. He does however claim the RR is very nice, but don't they all? It's a gamble. It always is.

Don't get too exited, it can impair judgement and good sense.

You need to look at the cars and verify their bones. Don't assume anything he says is correct. Not that's he's lying, he may just not know. Or was mislead when he bought them.

25 or even 30 years ago people were faking fender tags, build-sheets, engine stamps.

Whatever you can't see, you need to factor is bad or some damage.

Isn't there an Hemi Orange 1 owner T/A 4spd repaint, original interior, never rust work, motor-been-into car that is struggling at $60K ??? That one is running, driving, AND has buildsheet.

I'm seeing $45K, $65K, and $15K. Priced individually. 2 cars that have not been driven or ran in 7 years. If running add $5-10K to each car.

Gotta ask yourself:
     What makes you sure they are not running for a reason?
     If the 68 has such a great restoration, why would it have tons of OEM Hemi parts not installed on it?

NOW, add your volume discount.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

7E-Bodies

@autoxcuda all excellent points. I like how you break up the prices. However, the hemi parts are simply stuff he's obtained over the years. Not that any are missing from the 68. It's said to be complete.

autoxcuda

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 13, 2020, 04:33:38 PM
@autoxcuda all excellent points. I like how you break up the prices. However, the hemi parts are simply stuff he's obtained over the years. Not that any are missing from the 68. It's said to be complete.

I wasn't thinking in terms of missing. I was thinking in terms of upgrading. You generally don't buy worse parts for a done car. It just brings to question that car might not be as "perfect" as led to think. If you see certain parts in the parts-stash go back and look at those same parts on the car.

The level of restoration quality and expectations has increased a lot in the past 30 years. What was a primo restoration 30 years ago is not now. Don't forget all those parts installed during restoration are  30 years old.... gaskets, door seals, trunk seals, floor mats, rubber bumpers.

Most resto parts aren't as good as OEM. Especially rubber, foam, plastic. I've uncovered cars with 30 year resto work.... some stuff crumbles in your hands. Hard to keep a car away from air. Can protect from rain, snow, wind, temperature somewhat... But air is tough one.

No air grabber fresh air hood in 68 Hemi's either.

cuda hunter

:popcorn:

When are you going to look at these cars?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

@cuda hunter Was supposed to be Wednesday morning, but now Thursday morning due to a good friend not being able to do Wednesday. He's a valued second set of eyes.

autoxcuda

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 14, 2020, 04:46:34 AM
@cuda hunter Was supposed to be Wednesday morning, but now Thursday morning due to a good friend not being able to do Wednesday. He's a valued second set of eyes.

Have him take a tons of pictures to cover every square inch of the car. Make sure to have the flash on for the interior, engine, trunk, and undercarriage. You should walk away with around 100 pictures minimum for those 3 items.

A small point and shoot camera takes better quality than a phone.

Then you can look at the pics at home on bigger computer screen . You WILL see things you didn't see in person. Guaranteed.

You also take a bunch of pictures in addition to your friend. Between the two of you, less things will be missed. But usually you are talking with the owner and getting the verbal information. Many times too distracted and miss things. 

Take pics of all the parts. Rather than writing down inventory, pictures are faster. Inventory at home. Allows more time on cars.

A selfie stick works good for pictures of the undercarriage, underdash, under-seat (looking for buildsheet), engine and trans numbers, etc. Practice on your car at home first.

RzeroB

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on July 14, 2020, 04:46:34 AM

:(  I was hoping it would be this weekend ... I was going to invite myself to join you!!  :D
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

Shoooter

Very cool there is still some collections coming out. Cant wait to se them