Main Menu

Is this car savable?

Started by cuda hunter, May 18, 2019, 06:43:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

It's could take YEARS to find all you need at swap meets.... jus' sayin' . And still never find it all.  :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: You guys are lucky if you live somewhere where you can find that stuff. It's all gone around here so it's either travel or take a chance having it shipped. One things for sure, you don't find a good deal on any of that stuff anymore.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 20, 2019, 06:55:57 AM
I wouldn't do a high end resto.   A personal restore so low budget. Not necessarily low quality.
This is the third red interior black exterior car I have found and this one is in better shape than the others.

I just really needed you guys to tell me I'm crazy again.

You are not crazy , you have the same disease we all do , only you can decide if you want to dump the cash to fix it knowing it is lost $$

torredcuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 20, 2019, 08:23:43 AM
Yes: You guys are lucky if you live somewhere where you can find that stuff. It's all gone around here so it's either travel or take a chance having it shipped. One things for sure, you don't find a good deal on any of that stuff anymore.

Only a couple junkyards with ANYTHING old around here, mostly picked of all the good stuff, bodies crumbling with rust but still some pickins. Last time I scored a clutch pedal setup, rally dash(rough but good for parts) and a bunch of other stuff off a `71 Satellite and plenty of other small items - trim etc.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: torredcuda on May 20, 2019, 09:12:42 AM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 20, 2019, 08:23:43 AM

Only a couple junkyards with ANYTHING old around here, mostly picked of all the good stuff, bodies crumbling with rust but still some pickins. Last time I scored a clutch pedal setup, rally dash(rough but good for parts) and a bunch of other stuff off a `71 Satellite and plenty of other small items - trim etc.

The hot ticket on the west coast is the Spring and fall flings in the Los Angeles area. I go there all the time and there are always great finds and quite a few great deals. Key is getting there early. I sell stuff there once in a while and I've found I can sell several hundred bucks of stuff just parked in line waiting to get in.

Planning to move out of Ca. As soon as I can but I can see making the trip back out to the Spring Fling every year or two.