Main Menu

Louver value ?

Started by Racer57, March 08, 2020, 07:17:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Racer57

I have louvers on my Cuda. I know some people like them, but I don't. "IF" I can find a local body man that I trust to remove the serts/fill holes/paint then I'm going to get rid of it. When I bought the car 5 years or so ago, I was told it was not a repop and I have no idea how to tell otherwise.  Currently this is the only close up photo of it and from what I understand it is a Cuda louver and not a Challenger louver and I can assure you that everything is in excellent condition. I'm sure I will have sticker shock when I find out what it will cost to ship if I find a buyer. Can you give me an guesstimation of its value ?

cuda hunter

I paid 2500 for a set maybe 4 years ago.   I think they are challenger, but I"m not sure how to tell aside from they don't fit on the cuda's contour.  They are an original set that needs some painting done to them.  Complete set up by the way.  Shipping was a few hundred with insurance and a little more for the packaging. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Chryco Psycho

Originals can go for $2500
I was selling identical repro sets for over $1000
the bottom slat tapers down to approx 1" wide at the edge if it is Cuda & I bet it is , the Chall louver would not fit properly

Racer57

Decided to keep them on the car. 3 different body shops said the exact same thing......  Not sure about quality of headliner due to unknown age. Will it re stretch without tearing ? (Has to be partially removed due to welding upper holes)  Due to no decent break lines for paint, a lot of painting would be required. What other possible unknowns could there be ?  $2,000+

Sometimes it best to not fix what isn't broken.  :(

cuda hunter

they really do look good on your car anyway!  That's a sweet ride you have! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JH27N0B

I have a set of Challenger louvers I probably should sell someday.  I really liked louvers and one day when I was driving my T/A probably at 19 years old, a guy in a VW pulled up next to me and was trying to get my attention. I ignored him at first, but at an stop light he yelled hey you want to buy some louvers?
I got his number and went to his house to buy them.  He was restoring a hemi Cuda, and said he was selling them because they wouldn't fit on a Cuda.
When I restored the car, I chose not to reinstall as the car wasn't originally equipped with them.
Apparently the guy still has his hemi Cuda, Ryan "Auto archeologist" here told me he has the #s block for it, and the guy wasn't interested in buying it.  Small world hearing about the guy 30 years after I met him!