Main Menu

NICE ORIGINAL EARLY 1970 WASHER BOTTLE.. MANUAL PUMP

Started by 71REDCUDA, January 10, 2020, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71REDCUDA

Hi.

Have a nice original (early) 1970 washer bottle.. manual.

Sitting on a shealf since 76, comes from a Chally, it has some yellow tint in the plastic from age.

Whats the value.. have seen mint NOS ones for crazy money.

See link for pics.

https://www.garaget.org/mypage/?page=gallery&user=106330&album=77322

Thanks
Nicklas

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71REDCUDA

fc7cuda

Some reproductions were done years ago in the older yellow looking plastic, I think it might have been Badalson?

Topcat

I'm wondering when were the very first reproduction bottles done?

I've had mine for a long time and now I might actually have an off the shelf original bought back in the late eighties.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Topcat on January 10, 2020, 07:56:01 PM
I'm wondering when were the very first reproduction bottles done?

I've had mine for a long time and now I might actually have an off the shelf original bought back in the late eighties.

Original bought in the eighties would have a rounded corner....   71 style....

xx88man

I'm looking for a 71 style bottle with electric pump.... don't want to pay $200    :o
Keep yer foot in it

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on January 10, 2020, 10:09:59 AM
I would say a minimum of $200  :dunno:
:Thud:  If I only knew then what I know now. Gave my original one away when I converted to electric.

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on January 11, 2020, 06:40:04 AM
Quote from: anlauto on January 10, 2020, 10:09:59 AM
I would say a minimum of $200  :dunno:
:Thud:  If I only knew then what I know now. Gave my original one away when I converted to electric.

I'm just guessing because the "survivor crowd" is crazy when it comes to replacing parts on their car....If you find that one guy that has a damaged washer bottle and wants a properly aged one to replace it, I would think $200 is pretty reasonable ? :dunno:  I don't really know, I've never been a fan of survivors myself.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration