Main Menu

NOS 70-71 E-Body Wiper Motor

Started by Floyd, June 24, 2018, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Thoughts on value? Just testing the waters.  Understand the date code isn't good for the OE crowd but still a very nice part. 

Thanks!

farmboy70

I would guess about what a rebuild on a numbers matching ,so 350.00 to 400.00
The date probably hurts it.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: It's ironic. I am thinking $300-$350 with the date. It's in nice shape for an NOS piece though.
Sheldon

anlauto

I always ask @SF-Resto ...he works with these things all the time.

Likely $300  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

Thanks - I think I'm going to hang onto it and keep my eyes open for a core with a nice barrel with a good date.  Seems like a barrel swap wouldn't be too tough. 

Cuda Cody

It's got to be one of the last ones NOS.  I would put it on a shelf to look at.  It's kinda like art now.  But if it was mine, I would start at $500 and expect offers around $300 to $400.

RUNCHARGER

Changing the barrel makes a lot of sense. That might be the way to go. Or just leave it as is. Nothing wrong with that either.
Sheldon

farmboy70

And strangely enough a Oem factory part would not have the red sealer according to the oem judges. I had to remove the coating from a NOS one to gain that point. So a buyer may consider that also in the price.
Dave

SF-Resto

Quote from: anlauto on June 24, 2018, 08:41:42 AM
I always ask @SF-Resto ...he works with these things all the time.

Likely $300  :dunno:

Very hard to put a price on these, so call NOS motors... The date hurts it a lot, specially when no 077 were used on 72 and up E body. In fact this is the first time I see a 73 077 with the big shaft, usually 72 motors and up uses the smaller shaft / nut .. and have a different part number.  This motor looks like it's been install before so maybe a take off, also the box is for another motor. It look like it is in great condition and would make a awsome core but would need another cylinder with correct date .

SF-Resto

Quote from: farmboy70 on June 24, 2018, 04:45:01 PM
And strangely enough a Oem factory part would not have the red sealer according to the oem judges. I had to remove the coating from a NOS one to gain that point. So a buyer may consider that also in the price.
Dave

Most 71 E / B body did not get the red goop, you are right but ALL others did get it from the factory..

SF-Resto

Quote from: ErikR on June 25, 2018, 04:34:33 PM
Quote from: farmboy70 on June 24, 2018, 04:45:01 PM
Dave

so is it pretty well established that assembly line parts did NOT have the glyptal coating? anyone have any info on this for 70 -71's?

Again, only 71 did not get the red sealer. 69-70-72 73 did get it.. The Juges are wrong . 

farmboy70

Just to be clear, the car was a 71, so they were correct.. this time.
Dave

fc7cuda

To the right guy, it's $700 and he'll change the barrell.  :alan2cents:

Fastmark

Would it be safe to assume that this motor in question here was built after they ran out of the 077 motors to supply the dealers with parts for the 70-71 applications? Since they were different than the currently produced 72 up motors and would not work on a 70-71 because of the difference in the output shaft. Looks like to me they just made it with old part number with correct parts for fitting the 70-71, stamped the date it was made, but made it with the currency method of the red goop on the cover. I bet the guy that made it would never believe we were scrutinizing his work 40 plus years later. Lol.