Main Menu

nos ta/aar exhaust tips

Started by mike ketterer, May 22, 2020, 03:56:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mike ketterer

what would a realistic and fair price to pay for a pair of ta/aar exhaust tips. i have a line on a set and want to pay him a fair price. as i need to get another set because the chrome shop on vancouver island. f#ck^d mine up

JH27N0B

I'm not even sure what they are worth now, maybe $500-700 a pair? But make sure you look at them before buying.  The chrome they used on those wasn't the best, often gets tiny pitting in it.
When I did my car, I found an NOS takeoff set from the 70s, and later a single NOS one.
I ended up having the pair redone, and mine came out great.  The NOS just wasn't good enough to use as is I didn't think.

anlauto

I was thinking the same thing, maybe around $600ish, but make darn sure that someone is not trying to pass off older reproduction ones on you as well...As the reproduction parts are getting older, some even 30 years old...people try and pass them off as original Chrysler parts. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

What are you asking for your messed up ones? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Floyd

Here you go:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-NOS-1970-AAR-CUDA-CHALLENGER-340-6-T-A-EXHAUST-TIPS/362818349140?

One technique for determining value is to take GLNOS asking prices and divide by two or three.

:haha: :haha:

I think Brad's 500-700 estimate is a good.

mike ketterer

the reason i sent them was i wanted the chrome a little nicer was very specific what i wanted even wrote on paper and used tape what and what not to do. they came highly recommended buy a ford and chevy friend how great their work is. some of the shittiest work along with the other parts i sent off. i guess to ford and chevy standards it would barely acceptable even. the chrome shop said i was to picky.

Floyd

Can yours be redone, or are the hosed beyond repair?  I haven't used them in awhile, but they did very nice work. 

https://www.paulschrome.com/

mike ketterer

thanks floyd. ill check into pauls chrome. 

mike ketterer

cudahunter. i,m going to put them on my motor home and smash them through the bush. get some enjoyment out of them.their so shitty i wont even sell them.

cuda hunter

had to ask.  I have a ratty rod with side pipes and a nice set of chrome just wouldn't work on the car.  Could only use some really poor looking tips .   Glad your at least able to use them and not let em sit on a shelf.   :drinkingbud:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee