Main Menu

Opinions Needed - 73 Challenger Rallye 340 4 speed

Started by 71383bee, October 11, 2017, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71383bee

UPDATE:  Deal has been made!  Heading to Providence first weekend of November.  Getting her old school style!  One way flight in and driving her home!  Can't think of a batter way to test her out. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Cuda Cody

Super exciting!!!  Very happy for you man.  Please take a lot of photos and share them.   :takepicture:  Have fun and be safe.   :burnout:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Good news; I was afraid you might lose that one.
Sheldon

Roadman

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on October 17, 2017, 05:20:27 PM
Good news; I was afraid you might lose that one.

:iagree:   Bring her home safe, and  :needphotos:

nsmall

I hope you find nice weather in your travels.  You going alone?  What a cool way to bring home an e-body.  Bring lots of gas money :stayinlane:

IRON MAN

Congratulations! I love root beer and vanilla(ice cream) together. May want to sign on with AAA before bringing her home. I say this because my brother bought a 1969 Coronet R/T convertible ~2,000 miles away and it took him a week to get it home. He had to replace the radiator and water pump on the journey home.

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

71383bee

Understood on that.  I tried it with a car from Seattle once.  Ended up towing it with a uhaul truck and trailer from Missoula MT to Milwaukee WI!  It cost me more than the car!  We have got the route mapped out.  We can split it into 3 drives with the longest being around 7 hours.  We'll stop in Cleveland to visit relatives.  The drive from there is very easy to IL. 

We're stoked! 

1ownr

Do you need a ride from the airport? What town are you picking up the car?

judy

71383bee

Hello Judy,

Thanks on the offer but we should be okay.  Our flight gets in at 1AM on the 3rd!  we already have a hotel hear the airport booked and they have a shuttle to get us.  In the am we'll likely uber to meet the owner.  They live in North Kingstown which I'm told is near the airport. 

71383bee

Got some pictures from the seller.  Insurance is clear.  Down has been sent and accepted.  Plane tickets ordered. Hotel booked!  :ohyeah:

Roadman

:veryexcited:  That is just a beautiful car. You are  a lucky man. Be careful bringing her home, take  :takepicture:  :takepicture:    :popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

1ownr

Sounds like you've got everything covered. Just give a shout if you need anything.
In RI, everyplace is near the airport, just an hour from top to bottom.  ;)

Great looking car!  Safe travels,

Judy & Charlie