Main Menu

Original shaker bubble and grills

Started by cordodge, March 13, 2017, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cordodge

Anybody know what a original shaker bubble and grills would be worth?

#3418657 / 85148

Bruce.

Cuda Cody

Wasn't there one on Ebay a couple weeks ago that sold?

fc7cuda

cordodge

Not sure Cody, not really sure if they are hard to find or not lol

Crocha617

An original that needed a little work brought just over $900 a couple of weeks ago.

cordodge

pics.

HP_Cuda

Oh that's a 100 bucks and you can sell it to me.  :banana: :haha: :haha: :rofl:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cordodge

Guy offered it to me pretty cheap but I want to be fair.

fc7cuda

I'm not an expert, but the two areas circled in red look different from originals.

anlauto

I don't believe that is an original :alan2cents: Just my thoughts.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cordodge

Not sure maybe someone who if familiar with them will chime in.

Thanks,Bruce

cordodge

Not sure but the guy said he had it for 25 years, not sure if they where repos around then or not

anlauto

I bought my first repro, a Gene Gregory piece, in the early 90's, probably about 25 years ago.

Scrape around the numbers, originals were made from a white material , not black like it appears in your picture :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

screamindriver

Agreed...Original shaker bubbles were a white,fibrous material.. If the piece you've got there is black and smooth like resin it's an older repop..I've seen repops with the part number on them so that's not automatically a sign of originality.... Also, something is not correct with the drain holes as pointed out but it could be a modification by a previous owner... More pics/info are needed...

usraptor

I don't know if this helps you or not, but here are some pics of my "original" shaker before I restored it.  As Alan stated the inside is white with over spray.