Main Menu

Rallye Guauge clusters

Started by Fastmark, May 13, 2018, 05:13:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

What is the fair market value on these right now? Things seem to be selling better lately. I've seen some pretty high asking prices on eBay but don't think they are realistic. I've got some 70-71 setups and I've got some 72 up as well. How about switch plates with switches? How much are the 70-71 variable wiper switches going for? It's hard to sell something that you have never used as anything but a core that may need rebuilding. I do have one 73 gauge set that performance car graphics rebuilt years ago. It looks nice and should work but I can't say as it has been out of a friends car for a long time.

Spikedog08

For the gauges, I think it totally depends on the condition . . Not sure about the switches . . Slotts would know best. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Condition is a big part of the price on gauges.  Some stuff is harder to find and if you find it in good shape then it's easier to pay a little more for it.

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: I had a customer pass up a 70 setup that was in nice used condition complete with a 3 switch plate all for $1100CDN ($900US) I told him he was nuts. He said you could have bolted it into a survivor type car.
Sheldon

Fastmark

Most of these fall into the category of good faces but faded pointers class. No visible damage or burned connections. I randomly picked a set and installed it in my Cuda. The clock did not work as expected and the tach would not because I have an MSD. The rest all worked fine. My thoughts were that the 70-71 should be 1000-1200 and the 72 up maybe a max of 800? Or should I just put them on eBay and find out?

anlauto

I think for $1000-$1200 it would have to be complete with decent woodgrain bezels, all the switches present, light tubes, reset knobs etc....

The last one I sold Dec2017 was just the 70-71 gauge cluster with clock reset cable. I got $600 CDN for it. It was nice.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

The biggest expense of the gauges is sending them off to get restored or even checked. One of my customers bought a car with an older restored gauge set. The paperwork that came with the car told us who and when it was restored. The speedo blew up so he sent the whole set for repair and checking out. The bill was $700 for that! I'm sure he paid extra for the expedited service of three weeks.

anlauto

You can get really nice reproduction gauges now, fairly affordable from OER :alan2cents:

...and if you're doing any type of custom.....Dakota Digital is the only way to go :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

OER look nice but they are junk.... Alan, you've always underpriced stuff....

RUNCHARGER

I priced an OER setup for this guy and it came out to $2700CDN so about $2k. He would have been way ahead to buy the used setup and fix what was needed if anything. Some people like storebought Taiwan stuff though.
Sheldon