Main Menu

1970 Challenger R/T SE 383 Auto

Started by erik70rt, February 02, 2018, 08:35:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

As some of you know, I'm looking to get back into a 1970 Challenger convertible.  I have a couple lined up to look at, and if I pull the trigger on one I would most likely sell my R/T SE car.  I'm curious to know what you all think it's worth. 

A little basic description:  rebuilt 383 console auto (non numbers engine and trans), original B5 blue white top white stripe car, it should have a blue interior with vinyll/cloth seats that was changed to black.  A/C, PS, manual drum brakes.  new 15" rallyes.  No rust that I can find.  Older repaint.  8 3/4 rear with 3.23 sure grip.  coded for AM 8 track but has thumbwheel AM/FM in it now.  Have the fender tag but have not looked for a build sheet. 

I have changed:

Rear tail panel with a NOS piece
Rear springs
Rear shocks
Complete new Accurate LTD exhaust in Aug 2017 including the correct manifolds and upgraded mufflers
new turn signal switch
Shoulder belts/clips added (missing when I bought the car)
air cleaner
valve covers
engine wiring harness
spark plug wires
plug heat shiels
wire looms
washer bottle
water valve
heater hoses
upper radiator hose
alternator brackets
A/C low pressure hose (the hard to find one)
kick down linkage

Parts accumulated to go with car:
Pair of bucket seats in blue with blue hardware (will need to be recovered as they are from a '71 Barracuda
blue kick panels
new battery tray
Am 8 track (car is coded for this)
interior trim to paint blue
new AMD rear valance
70 style shifter assembly

Car runs great, and shows well as is.  Interior is very clean but it does have a dash cap on it.  Rear valance is fiberglass and was riveted to the original steel.  Lower 1/4s do have slight putty to match to the fiberglass rear valance. 

I was thinking in $40K range. 

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

Good looking Challenger with some nest options.  Are you thinking about putting it up on ebay?  My first thought was $35 to $40, but if you find the right person it might go higher.   :bigthumb:

erik70rt

I was thinking of offering it here first before I went the ebay route.  Obviously ebay would be a lot more exposure.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RzeroB

With the nom engine and color changed interior (and the broadcast sheet probably went mia with the original blue interior) I would say mid-$30K's is realistic if you need an easy sale to fund your 'vert purchase ... maybe your $40K price point if you can hold out for however long it takes to get it.  :alan2cents:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)