Main Menu

Change subject.... ‘73 Challenger with ‘72 340

Started by Rdchallenger, June 14, 2018, 11:11:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Hey all, having gone threw a divorce *yuck* recently I'm thinking of selling my 340 that was I going to put in my Challenger to free up some money. It is completely refreshed has a '72 block but with 69 internals including a steel crank I believe. Has the hard to find 340 manifolds and "U" heads on it as well. Airgap manifold and 750 carb. Engine is zeroed out.

Just curious what it's going for now a days if I decide to pull the trigger.

Cuda Cody

Has it been ran and broke in?

Rdchallenger

Never been fired up

Chryco Psycho

Sorry , Divorce sucks  :bye:

303 Mopar

That sucks.  If you were closer I'd buy it from you for the Sport Satty.  Hard to put a value on it unless you have specific parts and proven it will run, at least on an engine stand.  Pics of the rebuild will help too.

RUNCHARGER

Hard to say. For sure though it has more value to you than someone buying it. You always lose money selling built engines.
Sheldon

nsmall

Ebay has two sellers who want 5-8k for their 340's, but they come with a warranty and what not.  Any chance you can fire it up?

Rdchallenger

What's sad is a can't for the life of me find the list of parts for the internals. I do have build pictures though, and It'd fire right up if I had a run stand. :-/

RUNCHARGER

That list is important and hopefully the engine builder has a list of all the specs and clearances. That would go a long way to selling it.
Sheldon

6bblgt

:(

separating the "done" 340 from the 318 Challenger project will get you the most $$s, but you're going to get ~.50 on the dollar for the "new" sheetmetal