Main Menu

70 Challenger factory power sunroof car,what’s it worth?

Started by Antonios saragias, July 15, 2018, 07:06:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Member @bpsmopar owns at least four 1970 challlengers with factory sunroofs, he might have some insight as to their value :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

sdweatherman

Quote from: fc7cuda on July 17, 2018, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: Culvers on July 17, 2018, 01:57:35 AM
I think the sunroof is not original on the car, therefor the VON should start with a K.

From the moparsunroofregistry.com:

Several 70 sunroof Challengers did not receive a K00 VON, but the option
shows up on the broadcast sheets. The current working theory is that 1970 Challengers ordered
up directly from Headquarters or the Assembly plant got the special VON, while 1970
Challengers ordered by customers through dealerships got the standard numeric VON.

Yes, the 1970 Challengers are a special case - not following the rules like other makes and models. It's unfortunate that there is not a buildsheet, so that we could be 100% sure of the sunroof installation. The only other option is to chase down previous owners to find out if the sunroof was original to the car when new.

Antonios - have you done any owner history research on your car yet?

Scott.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

sdweatherman

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2018, 04:04:02 AM
Would a 1972 Challenger have M51 on the tag ?
With a few exceptions, the 1969 through 1972 power sunroof cars did not have M51 on the tag. Once ASC started providing the manual sunroof kits to Chrysler for the 1973 model year, M52 started showing up on the tags.
Scott.

anlauto

There was a guy here at my shop the other day swears his 1972 Challenger has M51 on the tag and on the broadcast sheet.....I'm still waiting to see both.... :thinking: