Main Menu

Six way seat

Started by Choppintime, February 07, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Choppintime

I'm pretty sure this is a B body unit but not 100 %.

Got this with a bunch of parts when I bought my convertible Challenger project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ply64post

:unitedstates:
I think it looks like an E Body, take a look at this site.

http://www.nicksgarage.com/6way.htm

Jeff

Choppintime

Great site!

Looks like 70 B Body. It doesn't have that curved piece like the 70-71 E body one.

Any idea WIW?

cbuczesk

We had one for sale at Columbus over the weekend. It was in really nice shape like that one. Dennis Kohr said he saw one sell on ebay for $950. He priced his at $900. The vendor behind us wanted it but didn't sell quite enough to get it. They exchanged numbers and I expect that guy to buy it. I hope that helps.

Chuck

340challconvert

I have a six way seat track that I had in storage for 30 years that I plan on installing eventually.
I need to pull it out and make sure it is an e-body unit!
:thinking:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

JEJJ

"I think it looks like an E Body, ..." x 2
Do they still reproduce the 6-way seat assemblies?

ToxicWolf

I just want to point out one thing.  I didn't put them in my Challenger because when I sat in the driver's seat with the 6 way under it, my head was hitting the ceiling.  If you're tall, check the clearance before you go to all of the trouble of getting them installed.  :pullinghair:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 16, 2018, 08:44:54 AM
I just want to point out one thing.  I didn't put them in my Challenger because when I sat in the driver's seat with the 6 way under it, my head was hitting the ceiling.  If you're tall, check the clearance before you go to all of the trouble of getting them installed.  :pullinghair:
I'm glad you mentioned that! I was wanting one for my car but when I looked at these tracks I wondered if it raised the seat up.  :thinking:  I'm pretty tall so not a lot of headroom already.

340challconvert

Quote from: JEJJ on February 16, 2018, 08:28:45 AM
"I think it looks like an E Body, ..." x 2
Do they still reproduce the 6-way seat assemblies?

PG Classic sells an e body unit for $568
Notice their unit has the circular adjustment bar in the front indicating an e-body unit.

https://www.pgclassic.com/2840-6t

The one in the picture above is a B body unit

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible