Main Menu

Thinking of buying a 1973 Cuda 340 4 speed

Started by cavemanno1, September 05, 2017, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

I was wondering if you could give me the value of this car.Not very familiar with cuda prices.
Anyway,car is a real BS X9 340-4 speed,trans rear end numbers matching.

The car was restored 15 years ago and there are some bubbling under the vinyl and around the rear window.I know it means rust but who knows how bad.It's a 15 footer a good driver.Recent engine upgrades,fresh engine 408 stroker, fytech fuel injection kit but not installed, rebuilt trans, new wiring put in the whole car.
Has Hotchkis frame connectors,leaf speings,front and rear sway bar kit but won't come with the car.
Guy said can't get close ups because in his garage there is not enough space.The weird thing he said he looked under the car and not saw rust spot.

Here is his ad:
1973 Plymouth Cuda
22 000 $
Syracuse, NY

I don't really want to sell this car, but if someone is willing to pay my price then I will let it go. The car is not perfect but has a freshly rebuilt 408 stroker with new aluminum Edelbrock heads, Thumpr hydraulic roller cam, and lots of new parts. I also have the fytech fuel Injection kit for it that I just don't have on yet. Car has small chips in the paint here and there but is a good driver. Car was restored around 15 years ago and is a very nice car. Interior is 9/10. This car is a REAL 1973 Cuda 4 speed that was a 340 4 barrel with air conditioning. Real original X9 Triple black. Just had brand new wiring put it headlights to taillights. Any more questions let me know. Dropped the price another three grand down to 22,000. Someone buy it before I put more money in to it.

Here is the ad where he bought it from!
http://www.usedcarsfsbo.com/asp/Item.asp?soldid=25656&make=Plymouth&theday=4%2F17%2F2011

He is firm on the 22k and won't go lower!
Thanks guy!

Peter

RUNCHARGER

The price seems in line with what it should be but that car really needs a personal inspection to say yay or nay I think.
Sheldon

scf100

I would have someone look at it.

What's up with all the holes in pass side inner fender?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

303 Mopar

I agree, if it's in decent shape rust wise it's worth all of $22k. The issue is if your want to strip it and repaint you could be $40k into this car quickly, then you are in the red.

6bblgt

Quote from: scf100 on September 05, 2017, 06:30:11 PM
I would have someone look at it.

What's up with all the holes in pass side inner fender?

I think the majority of the excess holes are from the missing A/C, charcoal canister & other emission equipment

JS29

Two speed wiper motor with A rallye dash!!!!!   :thinking: I don't think that can be correct. :foul: But the fender tag has N85 tachometer code.   :alan2cents: 

HP_Cuda

The Ad seems make folks believe it works but everything is gone.

I think you may be able to talk him lower based on condition. If the interior is cherry then not as much.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

cavemanno1

Wouldn't go any lower than 22k.He said bought it for 24k and put 10k into her.
He is about to order a QA1 level 3 kit for her in the next couple of weeks.Like the car and that paintjob isn't a biggy for me.Labour cheap here $10/Hour :twothumbsup: and I don't want a showpaint car anyway.The interior is 9/10 he said.Has Hotchkis leaf springs,frame connectors ,front and rear sway bars.He said these are not included but if i could get the car and parts for 20k would be happy as Larry.

cavemanno1

303 Mopar

Quote from: cavemanno1 on September 06, 2017, 12:34:16 PM
Has Hotchkis leaf springs,frame connectors ,front and rear sway bars.He said these are not included but if i could get the car and parts for 20k would be happy as Larry.

Are the subframes, sway bars and springs installed?  And would he rather take the time and effort to swap/remove these parts instead of just send them with the car?  :dunno:

$20k cash does wonders sitting on the hood of a car.

Cuda Cody

1973's are a little new to me still in terms of the finer details of the tag codes.  But JS29 points out something very interesting about the 2 speed wiper motor and rallye gauge / tach.  :huh:  I wonder if you could get a rallye gauge with a tach and not a 3 speed wiper in 1973?   :notsure:

JS29

Syracuse is about sixty miles from me! are you interested in someone looking at it.

cavemanno1

The guy is not impressed by the suspension so started to buy part to upgrade it.
Hotchkis leaf springs,frame connectors,front and rear sway bar kit.He said they are not installed and either send them back (is it possible
)or sell them to whoever buys the car.
If not sold in a couple of weeks then he will order the QA1 suspension to make his car drive like a race car!

Like the car and that bad paint job doesn't worry me because over here that would cost me like $1-2k max.
The only thing that holds me back is she is a '73 not a '70 which I want.But I could always sell her if I'm not happy with it.
She has all the cool factors,340-4 speed,pistol grip shifter, TX 9, beautiful interior,brand new engine,brand new wiring.
Winter is coming and I could not drive her this year much and maybe will find a '70 for sale,who knows.
I guess I'm going to give it a pass!

Thanks for the offer to check it out JS29!!! :thankyou:

cavemanno1

News,

The seller just wrote me this morning saying that if I'm really interested I could have the car for 20k!
Told him that's great but I can not say anything till someone checks it out for me.Plus need to save up for it 'cause don't even have 20k and even if I borrowed money still only could get 19k.Told himI'm not trying to screw it as I never haggled with him or told him an amount I would pay for it.I just liked the car and asked a few questions.Guess I was window shopping.He said if he still has the car by October then I can have her for $19k!That means I need to borrow money from my mother-in -law and we have a mutual dislike kinda relationship.
And now things got serious because I'm really interested!

So JS29,I'm gonna ask you if you would be willing to check it out for me!
Gonna pm you mate!

Thanks

JS29