Main Menu

Thinking of selling my 1974 360 Cuda

Started by steelcuda, October 31, 2018, 07:54:05 PM

Previous topic Next topic

steelcuda

I'm thinking of selling my 74 Cuda that recently bought from Florida. It's a great car and I've already put time and money into it, but I just don't have the room in my life to make it fun. It's a great car, newly rebuilt 727 TF transmission, new headers, front suspension, brake lines, linkage, kickdown concerted to cable, new Edelbrock carb, and tune. There are asthetics that need addressed but the previous owner did a partial restoration. The metal is clean and straight, interior is great.  What have you all seen cars like mine listed for?  It's not a show car or an "all original", although it could easily be made that way. Thanks!
1970 318 Barracuda
1974 360 'Cuda (B5 Blue, sold)
2009 Challenger R/T (sold)
2015 Challenger ScatPack (sold)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost (sold)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

303 Mopar

Based on one pic and your description I would say high $20s, maybe low $30s but it will take longer. Any more pics?

Cuda Cody

anlauto

Is it originally an "L" code 360 car ? Is it originally a TX9 Black car ? Some factors that could play into value, however I'm agreeing with the high $20's  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

steelcuda

I'll get some more pics up shortly.  To answer the questions asked:

- Interior is very clean, the seats covers are all new.  The dashpad has no cracks.  It has the original ralley gauges, all work but the clock.  The headliner is original with no tears.  The carpet was replaced.  The engine bay is clean, metal is solid and when they did the paint it looks like it was rotisserie (or at least everything was out). 
- It is an original TX9 code black car however the paint is not.  It has a think clear coat with deep black metal flake paint.  It's decent but has some issues (bubble, clearcoat marks) that need addressed. 

1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Pentastarnut

steelcuda where are you located, and do you have a link to more pics ? my son is looking at ebodies and is ready to pull the trigger.

ragtopdodge

Nice car.

If it has the original fender tag, and no rust on it, I'd say you can unload it for maybe $32-35k.

TX9 'Cudas are in demand.  And as us guys are getting older, automatics are not too much a discount as it once was.

steelcuda

Why are the TX9's in demand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Chryco Psycho

TX9 cars are relatively uncommon & hard to find
IS it an L code ?

steelcuda

Yes. I'm no longer thinking of selling though. I'm in the process of a rebuild on the motor. Should be finished next week.

1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Chryco Psycho

Smart move finding a decent Cuda in black can be tough & it is worth keeping it

RUNCHARGER

Curious how much the shop that sold you that intake said it would boost HP?
Sheldon

steelcuda

The intake was on the car. It's an Edelbrock LP340. Pretty nice intake. The pic is just after painting.

1970 318 Barracuda
2016 Challenger Hellcat

RUNCHARGER

Whoops! That is a good one, I didn't look closely enough and thought it was a Non-Performer. Good choice!
Sheldon