Main Menu

Vanishing Point Collectibles

Started by Challenger in NC, February 05, 2018, 06:02:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Hello All, I have some VP items I started collecting about 20 years ago and I'm considering selling them off and putting the proceeds into my car. Would be nice to sell the whole collection at once but  I'm sure I'll need to sell pieces individually. None of the diecasts have ever been opened and all boxes are excellent. The movie posters are original and in very good shape, the British version is in superb condition. Both vinyl LP soundtracks (US and UK) are in great shape with no cover ring wear. If you know anyone who might be interested in any of these items, please spread the word. Not sure about prices, checked eBay and final bids vary a lot. Suggestions on how to price these?

71GranCoupe

That is quite the collection. As far as pricing, I don't have a clue. Possibly go to  :ebay: and see what similar items have SOLD for and go from there. What items are listed for would not be a good test of the water, so to speak, but the sold ones are where the market might be. Good luck on the sale, and I am thinking they should sell quickly.  :cheers:

anlauto

I don't follow collectibles at all either ..... Is each item worth $100 ?  then maybe $1000 for the collection ?
Maybe start by how much you've invested, then figure out what you would need to make you happy ? :dunno:
Cool stuff
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

I have a few of those things as well.  The only things I see there that might be worth some decent $$ are the movie posters.  Maybe the laser disc.  The vinyl soundtrack sells for around $40. The last I checked, the die cast cars might do $125 for the 1/18 scale and a little less for the smaller ones. 
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Challenger in NC

Thanks for the input guys. The two movie posters are definitely the higher value items. The framed colored one with Kowalski set me back around $250-$275 off eBay about 10 years ago, the other large poster maybe $125. The US version is fairly common on eBay, the British version not nearly as much. The Stephens Performance diecast I believe cost about $100 back when it debuted around '98? The other two 1:18 diecasts (clean and dirty versions-not shown) maybe $50 a piece. Any how, I'll list some of this stuff online and maybe report back what it went for.