Main Menu

Vintage Mopar cans - WIW

Started by blown motor, September 26, 2019, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Scroll through the pictures to the Mopar cans. One pic has 6 green ones and one has 3 yellow ones. What are they worth?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/oakville-halton-region/vintage-oil-cans/1461796236
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Murray, how high is up? Beauty, even for old petroleum product cans, is in the eye of the beholder. Myself, maybe $40 for all four, but they'd have to be still full, eh?  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

I put "mopar oil can" in ebay and couldn't believe it. Stupid asking prices. If there's any flea markets around you maybe visit one and see if there's any there to compare with.

anlauto

They're likely worth whatever the guy is asking for them. He looks to be a collector and most likely knows the value, or at least he knows how much money has to be exchange in order for you to take them home.

I doubt this guy is just a farmer with these laying around in his back shed...You're dealing with a collector, you'll have to pay collector prices. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

Last year I sold 4 full cans of Chryco Parts  Motor oil for  cool $165. I believe they were from the sixties. I've seen empty cans listed for $100 each. To me personally , empty cans aren't worth much unless your a collector

blown motor

He wants $70 each for the green ones and $75 each for the yellow ones. Way out of my league!

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on September 27, 2019, 05:05:14 AM
He wants $70 each for the green ones and $75 each for the yellow ones. Way out of my league!

I'll bet he has AMC part too then!  :rofl:

jimynick

WOW! It kinda makes me feel a bit sick, knowing that I foolishly threw out a king's ransom (at those prices) of that junk at my old man's gas station as a kid. Back in the day when a case of oil had 24 quarts in it.  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on September 27, 2019, 07:52:15 PM
WOW! It kinda makes me feel a bit sick, knowing that I foolishly threw out a king's ransom (at those prices) of that junk at my old man's gas station as a kid. Back in the day when a case of oil had 24 quarts in it.  :looney:

@jimynick What I'm reading here is that you threw out a bunch of this stuff, creating a shortage, driving up prices and now I can't afford it.  :verymad:  :pokeeye:

anlauto

What I'm reading here is you want to take it "ALL" with you when you go for the big dirt nap......Live a little....you spent most of your life caring for and supporting others....why not splurge on yourself for a change ? He's asking $645.....offer $550-$600 :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration