Main Menu

What do you guys think?

Started by 750-h2, September 17, 2017, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic Next topic

750-h2

Which of the following two cars do you think is worth more $. Both cars are high end restorations of the same caliber. Both have original tags and broadcast sheets and are restored as they left the factory.
-1971 340 Cuda, 4 speed ,Shaker, B5 with black interior
-1970 Roadrunner coupe, V code , 4 speed, air grabber, FC7, white interior.

:thinking:

RUNCHARGER

Cuda for sure but I would buy the Road Runner.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

71 Cuda's are king of the muscle cars.  Even being a 340, it checks all the right boxes for everything else and that is what I could take.

anlauto

They may be worth roughly the same, but hands down the Cuda will sell faster and for more money.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

:iagree:

I think they would be pretty darn close but the Cuda would sell faster.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

I think the shaker is the final component that tips the Cuda ahead of the Road Runner.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

'71 Cuda is at the top of almost everyone's muscle car list and would be more in demand.  However, I have seen some serious gains in value of Roadrunner's over the past 2 years and the '70 V code would be at the top of that list.

blown motor

I think it's a personal preference. I already have an e-body and I also like the b-bodies. I'd take the Roadrunner but I think the Cuda would sell higher.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

ec_co

exactly what everyone else is saying. the '71 will certainly sell the quickest and is the more popular of the 2 (personally I love a high winding 340/4spd ... add the shaker and  :drooling:  :drooling:), but a V code RR is pretty close and IMO will be gaining more in value over the Cuda in the next few years (I think BB b-bodies have been a little undervalued, esp the 6pack and Hemi cars. won't catch up to e-body prices, but I think they'll get closer). either would be a solid winner IMO
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came