Main Menu

What do you think guys.... 71 AMC Javelin....

Started by Brads70, August 03, 2017, 04:14:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Wow: What a treasure. I think that interior should bring good cash as well. I bet it's extremely hard to find that stuff in that nice of shape.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 08, 2018, 07:24:20 PM
Wow: What a treasure. I think that interior should bring good cash as well. I bet it's extremely hard to find that stuff in that nice of shape.

That's what I'm saying....you just found the Holy Grail for somebody... :alan2cents:  Maybe not a big demand, but find that "one" guy and I think you'll make yourself, and him very happy :bigmoney: :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

gzig5

We had a 72 or 73 Javelin back in 1987 that I bought for $150.  304 engine with Pierre Cardin interior.   It was actually a pretty nice car.  I sold the car for $400 and kept the front seats for my Dad's 36 Ford coupe project.  Owner came back three months later begging for the seats with a real nice set of black ones for exchange, which I was happy to do.  Wish I had a warehouse to store all the neat cars we went through.....

Chryco Psycho

You did very well buying that car selling a lot of the parts will be easy & it will certainly supply the needed parts for your car too :twothumbsup:

Brads70

Weird, I've listed the interior on Kijiji, I've had 3 people wanting to buy the dash pad ( it has the vin tag on it like an ebody) and the door tag and ownership? LIke really people? Someone wants to rebody a 73 Javelin? Why? :crazytalk:  Not a high dollar car? Sure the parts car I have I found is pretty rare , internet says less than 300 Pierre Cardin AMX Javelins made but like wow?
Am I missing something here?
Mind you years ago I did scrap out a 73 Pontiac Super Duty trans am, pulled the 4 speed and sent the rest to the scrap yard 455, shaker and all?  Figured the 455 was a boat anchor.  :-[

anlauto

I would sell them all that stuff in a heartbeat....but only after you gut every useable/sellable part off of the carcass...then make them take the rotted shell as well...AND...you want $1000 for it  :bigmoney: seriously 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 08, 2018, 07:24:20 PM

You guys are right, I had 2 guys wanting the interior , buyer coming Saturday to pick it up! I'm shocked!  Listed it for 650 , buyer didn't even haggle.  :banana: Maybe I left money on the table but I'm happy with that!  Other guy wants grill , car is paid for and I'm up money and get a pile of parts for free!  :woohoo: Good deal, this doesn't happen to me very often? LOL

RUNCHARGER

Great! Sometimes holding out for the last $100 kills a deal. This way you can move on with it.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

NO accounting for taste , if it is rare someone wants it , great job on selling the grille & interior already ! :twothumbsup:

HP_Cuda

Brad

Take the $$$ and don't look back, how often does this really happen?

I know I have a few items I'm trying to move and just hassling with Craigslist flakes drives me insane.

B
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Morty426

Quote from: Brads70 on October 12, 2018, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: anlauto on October 12, 2018, 06:46:20 PM
That's good news....did I miss in this thread where you tell the story about where you found this car ?

I think you should tell the story...
https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/anyone-live-near-rhinelander-wisconsin-to-go-look-at-a-car/8225/msg113861#msg113861
Using " search Tempest" I found it on craigslist in rhinelander wisconsin in the summer. After telling good buddy of mine a couple weeks ago about it and the price drop, he offered to drive down and tow dolly it back for me. 12 hour drive each way, crossed at Sault Saint Marie. Nice drive with the fall colours in full bloom! If it wasn't for Mike I wouldn't have the car. REALLY nice thing he did for me. I think he enjoyed watching me spend money for a change instead of him!LOL . We had a really nice steak dinner at some fancy place the locals suggested.  We have gone on many a road trip chasing down parts, but it was always for Mikes cars. This time it was my turn!  We had a great time , sure is a " remote" area. Reminds be of Muskoka but almost endless.   Nice place to visit but I couldn't live there. Can't figure out what people do there for work to survive?
Guy I bought the car from said he got it from a local "collector" that has over 40 cars! It's going to need a bunch of things, and I posted it on a facebook group for a local Mopar club one guy responded that he knew where a parts car was at for cheap, with a 401 engine etc :fingerscrossed:
... so I'm waiting to hear more info on that. Could use some glass, interior parts, steering column,steering wheel, seat belts,wiper arms, steering box, rear end etc.... so I could make use of a good parts car!  401 core would be a nice score also! It's a Pierre Cardin car( the parts car) , which parts off them go for stupid money but man are they a tacky interior, just WOW! Barf! ! Google it
I've been buying parts for this car for over a year now. I have NOS tail light assembly, nice AMX mesh grill and 4 speed pedals and a T56 6 speed, so I WAS going to get one "eventually" just a matter of the "right  one" at the right time. My 3 sons were at the wife pretty hard at times, so I think she realized  it was going to happen. She is hinting at another crusie now.  :Thud:  :whiteflag:

WOW - I have been to Rhinelander WI - TWICE.  Nice little town.  There is a mill there I think and I went to visit Superior Diesel who sell John Deere diesels for all kinds of applications.

Congrats on your purchase. 

Brads70

Well, the weather finally broke today , hovering around the freezing mark so I started on my t56 to 401 (AMC ) project out in the garage. Sure felt good to get back out there "making chips" again after a long cold winter. I also ( while the wife was away at work ) got the sending unit mounted in the fuel cell. I had to machine up a spacer/adapter for that also. With the T56 adapter I made drawings like usual , but this time took pictures so I could make it again down the road if someone wanted me to. To often I toss my drawings then someone else says "hey cool, could you make me one" and I can't as the drawing is gone, and part it inaccessible due to being installed..  What I did was found a Jeep bellhousing on ebay for cheap, like $50 if I remember right , the aluminum plate was expensive , wow It's been awhile since I have had to buy material  a 13x13x1/2" thick aluminum plate cost me $63 and change? That's nuts!  So I set up the bell housing indicated it up , found all the holes and did the same with the mid plate from the t56.  Made a drawing and the rest is just simple machining/drilling/tapping. They wanted over a grand for a quicktime adapter bellhousing so I guess I shouldn't whine too much of $60 for the material.

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon