Main Menu

What to Look for on a Car Inspection

Started by 303 Mopar, May 16, 2017, 06:17:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Found this video of a Roadrunner inspection but seems to apply to all Mopars. It gives some good ideas on what to look for when buying a car. Please chime in on other tips and methods you use when looking over a car to buy.

Rev-It-Up

Cool video! A lift is always handy when inspecting a car...I never had that luxury. Always had to crawl under the car.

Thanks for sharing the video.
Rev-It-Up

71GranCoupe

Good video and well worth the time to sharpen your inspection skills.  :thankyou:

lulurocks(Ken)

I use a ryobi inspection cam alot when i buy cars ...  I flip cars. So its easy to stick in the quarters doors ,fenders, frame and see any shotty nastyness

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/inspection-scope

Best 99 bucks ive spent.   

Cuda Cody

Okay, that's pretty cool!  How's the screen image on it?  Pretty clear?  Is it color?

Quote from: lulurocks(Ken) on May 16, 2017, 01:53:50 PM
I use a ryobi inspection cam alot when i buy cars ...  I flip cars. So its easy to stick in the quarters doors ,fenders, frame and see any shotty nastyness

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/inspection-scope

Best 99 bucks ive spent.

lulurocks(Ken)

It is in color , the resolution is pretty good .. not iphone  6  mega pixel but nice for 99 bucks .  It sees about 2ft in front of itself.. and it has an led light built it..

You can get around inner wheel well and see inside a quarter  under the sail panel..

I just stuck it inside a gtx door and saw all kinds of damage on a car my buddy was looking at..

Cuda Cody

Do you think it would fit in a spark plug hole to see inside an engine?

Quote from: lulurocks(Ken) on May 16, 2017, 02:38:07 PM
It is in color , the resolution is pretty good .. not iphone  6  mega pixel but nice for 99 bucks .  It sees about 2ft in front of itself.. and it has an led light built it..

You can get around inner wheel well and see inside a quarter  under the sail panel..

I just stuck it inside a gtx door and saw all kinds of damage on a car my buddy was looking at..

ec_co

9mm camera = a little bigger than 11/32. I think common size for the plug threads is 14mm, so it should work?
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

lulurocks(Ken)

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 16, 2017, 04:41:53 PM
Do you think it would fit in a spark plug hole to see inside an engine?

Quote from: lulurocks(Ken) on May 16, 2017, 02:38:07 PM

Yep she fits inside  no problem.