Main Menu

What's this 71 Cuda worth?

Started by blown motor, March 07, 2019, 02:08:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

This is all the information I have on it. Would the orange seats be an available option or just the restorer's personal taste?

https://ccpauctions.com/lot-details.php?RefNum=r107&EventID=101
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HP_Cuda

That looks to be the owners taste. Of course you can get almost anything ordered it just looks so out of place like you wouldn't have made other color choices there. Ask for the broadcast sheet before the auction.

Not bad overall, would change the valve covers and dunno what I'd do with the dictation device but I would change out the seats.

If this was an original G code and it's got a transplanted 440 6 pack then I'd say somewhere around 40-55k. Depending on a closer inspection and no metal gotchas.

:alan2cents:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

6bblgt

that's a factory available 1971 Barracuda/'cuda interior: H5XV (with the exception of the woodgrain inserts in the door panels)

whether the combination is accurate for this, I'll "assume", clone is anybody's guess w/o documentation

anlauto

Orange seat were a factory option, whether they are original to this car who knows. Pretty sure the owner is Gerry Newman or at least it was...Talking CDN, this is another $80K car likely.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

AC on a 6-barral  :foul: I would like to get my hands on the wood-grain door panel inserts!

cuda hunter

sure looks like the one that was on febo a few days ago for 24 or 28. 
The thread is gone and I didn't save the pics. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Crocha617

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 07, 2019, 06:14:13 PM

The one on FEBO had Louvers on it. That was a screaming deal at $24k or BO. I tried to buy it but I was away in Texas @ a conference for a few days. It was sold on Monday about mid day I believe.  If I didn't happen to be out of town that day I'm sure I would've been able to buy. The seller said some guy from Albany left him a substantial deposit and he would call me if it fell through.

Rich G.

Are those grand coupe door panels?

cuda hunter

Quote from: Crocha617 on March 08, 2019, 04:06:41 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on March 07, 2019, 06:14:13 PM

The one on FEBO had Louvers on it. That was a screaming deal at $24k or BO. I tried to buy it but I was away in Texas @ a conference for a few days. It was sold on Monday about mid day I believe.  If I didn't happen to be out of town that day I'm sure I would've been able to buy. The seller said some guy from Albany left him a substantial deposit and he would call me if it fell through.

thanks for filling me in on that.  Had it not been in NY and a white car I could have been first in line.  Hope you get it as the back up guy! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on March 08, 2019, 07:34:48 AM
Are those grand coupe door panels?

Yes and no. The woodgrain in the door panel was standard with the leather interior option on Cudas. The Grand Coupe came standard with leather and the woodgrain.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6bblgt

BH - Barracuda door panels are blank
BP - Gran Coupe door panels have a "Gran Coupe" emblem on them (& wood grain inserts)
BS - 'cuda door panels have a "'cuda" emblem on them (& wood grain inserts w/leather interior)

the hole pattern for the emblems is different, so swapping emblems isn't the simplest solution

door panels with the wood grain door panel inserts have holes for their retention also

Jay Bee

Sold for $69,850.00 CAD. Click on the original link, selling price shown there.

anlauto

Was that Gerry's car ? That's pretty decent money for that car :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

Quote from: anlauto on April 18, 2019, 07:25:27 PM
Was that Gerry's car ?
Yes (Edit)...So I've been told by the local Mopar community.