Main Menu

WIW 1971 Challenger grille

Started by Yeya93, September 28, 2020, 10:24:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

Hello everyone,

What is a 1971 challenger grill worth nowadays. Ive seen them go as far as $2k pricing on these on ebay. To my understanding, I know they do not reproduce these and I also figure people wouldn't spend that asking price on ebay. I have a 1971 challenger grille that I am willing to sale. Just wondering what they are being sold for out there and get some opinions from E body experts  on this site on where to price the grille at in its condition. Thanks in advance.

autoxcuda

$2K for restored ones R/T ones? or in the condition like yours

eBay advertised price and actual selling are two different things. Even sold items get resisted because of shill bids.

Its not worth $1.5K obviously.

Somewhere between $700-$1000

This one didn't sell for $695 https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-misc-for-sale/9/1971-dodge-challenger-grille/7952/msg226282#msg226282
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Yeya93

Thanks for the input fellas. I have it on eBay for a higher asking price, but I just never reallty care to update it due to laziness really. Plus the eBay seller fees and whatnot. I will be posting on different Mopar groups on Facebook and see how that goes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

C_B5

The $600 - $800 for a grille needing restored seems to be the range.

Though from experience there's a narrow market of individuals looking for 71 challenger grilles. The other problem is shipping. These grilles are fragile and the cost to properly package and ship is not cheap. If you haven't already would suggest check into shipping estimates.

I've had a nice 71 grille posted on this site for awhile. (it's probably still out there if search which can use as comparison). There was definitely interest and many comments about "great deal", but never did sell.

mccannix

I just sold this one recently for $850.00 Canuck $....had a couple repairs that were hardly noticeable.
Everyone wants them shipped which is costly,... luckily this was picked up in person.
Sheldon is correct...these will never be reproduced.
I have the one shown in the last picture ...always looking for ends..

anlauto

Terry, your KiJiJi ad for the black one is still running....I was just getting ready to post a link..... :twothumbsup:

SOLD for $850 CDN, that is roughly $660 USD  :dunno: for a nice ready to bolt in restored grill....and it had been listed for awhile.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

Yes I have to delete that ad... and it finally sold after being listed for months .
It was a good deal for the buyer, plus I threw in a top metal plate since he got a few other items.

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on September 29, 2020, 07:34:20 AM
Terry, your KiJiJi ad for the black one is still running....I was just getting ready to post a link..... :twothumbsup:

SOLD for $850 CDN, that is roughly $660 USD  :dunno: for a nice ready to bolt in restored grill....and it had been listed for awhile.

And it was black. It takes a while to remove the gritty argent and make them into an R/T.

So a long sale for $650 and it was restored.

Shows the eBay dreamers are not a good source for pricing. And how they try to manipulate the market.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...