Main Menu

WIW 1971 Challenger

Started by Sparxx, February 19, 2022, 12:44:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Sparxx

Absolutely don't want to do this but might have to. Might need to part with my '71 Challenger and don't know what a reasonable price would be. It's a Butterscotch 318 auto on the floor 8 3/4 rear non RT with longitudinal stripes. Have the original motor but it has a 360 in it now. Trans and rear are the originals. 360 has been rebuilt with a Hughes whiplash cam,aluminum 4bbl intake and Edelbrock carb, and headers. Trans is stock except aftermarket torque converter. Rear gears are 3:41 with a spool. New 1" rear lift springs, new 4wheel disc brakes, new brake lines, new aluminum oversized radiator and electric fan and trans cooler. Originally had a flat hood I still have that in good shape yet. Interior is still mostly stock. Has Corbeau seats. Still have factory buckets but need to be reupholstered. Back seat is in great shape yet. Headliner I replaced. Swapped the factory dash pad with one in better shape from a 70 Challenger. New Cooper Cobra tires front wheels are vintage slots rears are new Ansen Sprints. When I got the car it had a small spot of rust in trunk floor, driver floorboard and torsion bar cross member was bad. All was fixed. 95% of the underside of the car was coated with chassis saver. Only rust is cosmetic and all of it has chassis saver on the backside so it doesn't get worse. Sure I'm forgetting something. What is it worth? Last 2 pics is how I got it.

Nepagarage

Without seeing interior or underside but assuming good shape I'd say $21-24k

anlauto

:iagree: That's where my thoughts were going  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration