Main Menu

WIW 1971 Cuda convertible...

Started by anlauto, June 08, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

A nice clean driver, older restoration....numbers matching 383 Auto....Gold with white interior, white top....
light on options....
WHAT'S IT WORTH ?

Does anybody know the car ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bpsmopar

Spikedog08

That's a cool car . . only worth what a buyer is willing to pay!  A lot I would think!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

E74cuda

Pretty hard to evaluate from one picture. Assuming that it's pretty nice and correct with some semi normal metal work during the restoration like lower quarters and trunk floor + or - I'd say somewhere between 75k-95k. There's a GY3 340 auto on the Los Angeles CL for 125k that's been at that price for a while.

anlauto

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but that's all I got....I have a friend wondering what it might be worth....I'm thinking a minimum of $65K USD maybe as high as $80K USD....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

E74cuda

Quote from: anlauto on June 09, 2018, 07:20:18 AM
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but that's all I got....I have a friend wondering what it might be worth....I'm thinking a minimum of $65K USD maybe as high as $80K USD....

I don't know about 65k Alan. At that price you're talking hard top money. Within the last six months their was a rusty looking 71 340 auto project that was spray bombed black on ebay. It sold privately for around 50k and it needed everything.

RUNCHARGER

Yes but who knows: This could  be a spraybombed flatblack undercarriage and bondo in the quarters.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

'71 'cudas are bringing silly money these days, and it doesn't get much better than a convertible!
But there are way too many variables to be able to judge value.  Is the car basically turn key ready for years of pleasure driving to area cruises and local shows, or is it full of bondo with a rusty trunk and underside, needing to be blown apart and treated to a $100K ground up restoration to make it nice?

anlauto

From what I understand it's a pretty clean driver with an older paint job....He says he might drive over to my shop next week so I can have a better look... "just had the brakes done last year"  :bigthumb: :haha:

anlauto

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

RUNCHARGER

Re------! Hmm, looks pretty good though. Whatever happened to that blue one that the Canadian renumbered? I can't remember the story maybe it started out as a 318 car then it got redigitized into maybe a 440+6 or something. Blue with white billboards as I recall.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 21, 2018, 08:12:44 AM
Re------! Hmm, looks pretty good though. Whatever happened to that blue one that the Canadian renumbered? I can't remember the story maybe it started out as a 318 car then it got redigitized into maybe a 440+6 or something. Blue with white billboards as I recall.

Don't know, haven't seen it around lately...

The owner of this gold one was offered $90K CDN for it... :dunno: