$24,000
4 (36.4%)
$21,000
4 (36.4%)
$18,000
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

ignition1

Have a 426 HEMI engine I am considering assembling OR selling for someone else to build in a period correct application.  I no longer have the car that I was going to put it in, but it has taken may years to actually get to this point of finally building it.  Some of the HEMI folks want to put it together themselves. Looking to get another assessment on what this parts combination is worth asking.

Factory 1969 426 HEMI Block
No sleeves or repairs done on block
Bored .030 over
Main Caps & Bolt Set
Magnafluxed & Pressure Tested PASSED
Cleaned & Painted, ready to install crank

Factory 1969 426 HEMI Heads w/ New Valves & Seals
Head dates are closely after block date
Seats have been touched up for new valves
Magnafluxed & Pressure Tested PASSED
Painted & ready to install springs/retainers/locks (still need to buy)

Factory Crank & Damper, New Bearing Set
.010 mains /.010 rods & polished
No repairs or cracks
Ready for bearing & install into block

Factory Reconditioned Rods & New Bearing Set
New JE 10.6:1 Pistons & New JE File Fit Ring Set
Floating pins installed, ready to file fit rings

Balanced Rotating Assembly (crank/damper/rods/pistons/rings)

Factory Wide Pad Rocker Assembly
Ready to install

Factory 2x4 Intake Manifold w/ heat shield & hardware
Painted & ready to install

Factory Exhaust Manifolds late 69-71 casting w/ hardware
Blasted & Painted, ready for gaskets to install

Factory 70-71 Valve Covers w/ Original Wrinkle Finish (GREAT Condition)
Factory Spark plug tubes
Ready for gaskets to install

Have the factory oil pan & new pickup, factory timing cover, rear main seal retainer, HEMI dist. hold-down.

Still would need a complete head bolt set, a cam selection, timing chain, valve springs/retainers/locks, push rods, and complete gasket set, plugs & wires, distributor, oil filter housing, water pump, & front accessories/brackets, carburetors, air cleaner.

Cudino

Is there a VIN# stamped on the pad on the passenger side of the block just above the oilpan mounting surface?  And/or is their an MN number or assembly date on the bottom at the lip where the oilpan flange sticks out just below where the starter sits?

- Wade

Cudino

Quote from: ignition1 on November 03, 2023, 07:04:00 PM
Side Oil Pan Rail 'OB1*****' (1970 Hamtrack Challenger/Cuda?),  Below Starter Flange 'MN 426 3015' (Oct 29th?)
Cool.  You're exactly right, this Hemi block was originally in a Cuda/Challenger built around November 1969.  You will almost certainly find the most value and the happiest buyer to be the owner of this car, assuming it still exists.  I'd recommend providing the complete 0B1xxx VIN number, and from that info there are helpful guys on this site who can let you know if this originally came from a Cuda or a Challenger.  That will really narrow down the full VIN# possibilities, and there's a good chance the car will be located.  If all goes well you'll then be able to make a deal with the car's owner, which would be a huge win-win for everyone.

- Wade

ignition1

Side Oil Pan Rail 'OB174897' (1970 Hamtrack Challenger/Cuda?),  Below Starter Flange 'MN 426 3015' (Oct 29th?)

7E-Bodies

If only...

:pullinghair:  :headbang:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Skdmark

Pretty close 7E-Bodies!

@6bblgt any info on the VIN for 0B174897?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

6bblgt

Quote from: Skdmark on November 04, 2023, 01:17:36 PM
@6bblgt any info on the VIN for 0B174897?
new to me  :twothumbsup:  but it is/was a "US spec." Challenger: JS23 - JS27 - JS29
@ignition1  is the complete engine number available and/or pictures?

RUNCHARGER

That Challenger may already have the "matching stamped" engine. Hopefully it can find it's home though. Other than that it looks like some really nice parts and it would go nicely in another 70-71. Gotta be $24k and up I would guess.
Sheldon

Cudino

I agree with Sheldon, ~$24K sounds about right, particularly with the correct valve covers and if it has OEM 70/71 exhaust manifolds 2780508 and 3418453.

Thanks @6bblgt for the excellent info. @RzeroB, have you heard of this Challenger R/T?

- Wade

ignition1

Is this in reference to the MN sequence code at the end?  MN 426 3015 58245

ignition1

Thank you for everyone's valued input so far. I will start pulling things out and taking some photos to share :)

RzeroB

:thinking:  Sir, thanks for the mention but no, I do not know that VIN. For Challengers I can only bracket it with 173280 and 177298 ... so I'm not even close.  :notsure:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

7E-Bodies

@RzeroB its not a Hemi car, but my U code is fairly close to the number you mention. 177116. B04 SPD. Kind of cool. Do you by chance have a clue what dealership your 177298 went to? Pretty sure mine came out of the northern Ohio region.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RzeroB

Sorry Kevin but I don't have the VON or original selling dealership information on either one of them.  :console:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

ignition1

This engine was originally from a 1970 HEMI Challenger that was totaled.

What is the difference between JS23 - JS27 - JS29?