Main Menu

WIW 70 Cuda

Started by pbajeff, July 02, 2018, 06:45:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pbajeff

Trying to work a deal out with the guy I bought my Cuda from on the other 70 he has and wanting some opinions on pricing.
This is a black with red interior 70 383 4spd car. It is also number match engine and trans.
All the numbers match except for the radiator cradle. There is matching build sheet with this one and fender tag is still in place.
Story is his brother bought it with some minor front end damage in 71-72 range.
They replaced radiator cradle, grill, and some of the other metal in front end with parts off an AAR that they had that was wrecked on passenger side.
The car then basically sat until early 2000s when they went replaced front suspension, interior, and repainted the car.
The 12K on the odometer is supposed to be original miles on it.
Attached are some pics that are not very good because the car is sitting in storage building and covered with dust.   

I also got what little was left of the AAR that they had. I will get some pics of those parts tonight when I get them unloaded.
There is driver door with VIN tag in good shape, disc brakes, and steering column.

Thanks for any opinions.

JS29

The seat covers are for A gran coupe. But WOW what A find!!! Will it run and lot drive as is?

E74cuda

Kind of hard to say with the limited info. The radiator support # will hold some people back but you do have the story on that. I'd say 20k to maybe 30k+ depending on paint and body condition along with what is there for the car and what it would take to get it into decent driver condition.

anlauto

I would agree with the $25K range as is.....more like $30K if they cleaned it up and got it road worthy. :alan2cents:

Have you done anything with the first car you bought from them ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pbajeff

Yeah, it is tough to make a good estimate, but thats what i was wanting was some ballpark of an idea.
I want to get good deal as possible, but still be fair about it. He knows there is some work needs to be put in on the car to get it back on the road but we both feel it would not be much.

The car was being driven when it was parked and time just got away from him.
He thinks it has been 8 years at least since the car was started. They started on the other car I have now 10 years ago and this one was parked "sometime" after that.
I did not try to start. I would want to go thru a full start up on it since dont know for sure how long it has sat.
The paint and body are good. There is not any rust that you can see by crawling around with a flashlight.
Interior panels and dash were all done by Just-Dashes when it was painted. Seats were done by some local upholstery shop.
I know the person that did the paint/body work on the car and know his quality work so I have no question about quality of that part of it.

303 Mopar

Quote from: pbajeff on July 02, 2018, 08:44:19 AM
I did not try to start. I would want to go thru a full start up on it since dont know for sure how long it has sat.

Check to see if the motor is free or locked up at least, as that will be a huge differentiator.

RUNCHARGER

Dang dude! Honestly I would pay too much for that car so my opinion is probably is skewed. I would give $25k-$30k for that car if there are no surprises. I would leave the radiator behind though, boy does that take away from the underhood. Maybe even $35k and I would expect to spend $10k bringing it up to snuff not including any paint work it may need. Maybe that's nuts though because that is starting to get into AAR rough driver money.
Sheldon

kdcarman

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 02, 2018, 09:16:26 AM
Dang dude! Honestly I would pay too much for that car so my opinion is probably is skewed. I would give $25k-$30k for that car if there are no surprises. I would leave the radiator behind though, boy does that take away from the underhood. Maybe even $35k and I would expect to spend $10k bringing it up to snuff not including any paint work it may need. Maybe that's nuts though because that is starting to get into AAR rough driver money.

Not a black AAR car for that money :bigmoney:.

RUNCHARGER

Nope: Not a black AAR for sure but an AAR none the less.
Sheldon

pbajeff

Quote from: anlauto on July 02, 2018, 08:39:09 AM
I would agree with the $25K range as is.....more like $30K if they cleaned it up and got it road worthy. :alan2cents:

Have you done anything with the first car you bought from them ?

Not much to speak of. Focusing on the GTO right now.
I need to get it somewhat back together to create some room.
Once I get the suspension, engine, and trans in the GTO I`ll set the front end back on it and then move it over in the corner so I can get better organized on the Cuda.
Having 2 cars apart in the same area is restricting my space to much.