Main Menu

WIW: 8 Track trim bezel

Started by ec_co, June 08, 2017, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

so I went ahead and picked up the 8 Track, figured I would either use it myself, use it as trade bait, or sell it. not sure which yet.

but .... the guy I bought it from also had the original 8 Track trim for it, so I bought it too. not sure if I overpaid for it, but figured it is probably a little tougher to find since they break easily. so, in your opinions, what is the trim bezel worth (and is it real? looks molded, but could have been a modified plain jane one maybe?). any opinions on the worth of the radio if the 8 track works?

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Considering they'll never make that radio again and the trim piece is super hard to find, I would think the trim was worth nearly what he was asking for the radio... a few hundred bucks on the trim at least?  I've seen people ask over $500 for the trim.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

mccannix

It's a real one , could never mold a plain one into that.
Its for a Cuda AM 8 track.
Challenger bezel doesn't have the molded line but yours will technically work in both models.
Have seen them go for $250.00 to someone who needs one, but expect to get offered $150.00 for it..

ec_co

Quote from: mccannix on June 08, 2017, 08:05:01 PM
It's a real one , could never mold a plain one into that.
Its for a Cuda AM 8 track.
Challenger bezel doesn't have the molded line but yours will technically work in both models.
Have seen them go for $250.00 to someone who needs one, but expect to get offered $150.00 for it..

he said he pulled it out of his 340 4spd Cuda in the '80s when he wrecked it (along with the entire drivetrain and dana 60 ... too bad those are long gone)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

ebodydominator

You all DON'T wanna know what I paid for one I found in a random box of parts at Mopars in the Park in Farmington last year. It has a 1"crack in it, but it's not for sale. I'm looking for a AM 8 Track myself to go with my FM converter, & the converter has a built-in weather band in it

anlauto

The trim piece is 1970 Cuda only, one year deal. I would say $300 range if it's not cracked :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

great info team, truly appreciated!!  thankfully it is not cracked at all and all screw mounts are perfect. sounds like my best bet is to unload them so I can buy some other parts I need that are more important to get it back on the road sooner, rather than using it since it really isn't original to my bare bones slanty (sounded neat for a minute) and it could be used for a 'real' restoration.

anlauto

I think member @Promo Pink 's car came with an 8 track. I wonder if he needs a radio ? I know he was looking for a Challenger bezel at one time  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration