Main Menu

WIW - BF Goodrich Belted TAs

Started by Floyd, June 10, 2019, 08:04:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

I am finally getting around to changing over to radials. Thoughts on trying to sell these, or should I just send them to the recycling center? They are in nice shape but probably date to the 90s. It will be easy enough for me to take them to Carlisle. Thoughts on value?

Thanks!

1 Wild R/T

I'd bet the date further back then the 90's... I don't think the Belted T/A lived past the early 80's..... I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone actually using them....

6bblgt

I'm looking for some early G70-14 Radial T/A white walls

my brother just dismounted some 50-series (245 & 265) 14" Radial T/As  :thinking: wonder what he did with them?

@Floyd  curious about the DOT numbers on those

aussiemark

I have never seen them like that, all the ones I've ever seen have radial t/a on the sidewall these would be before the 80's. Tyres do have a date code on the sidewall I don't know when they started dating them but they may be dated. If all else fails put them on the rear and have some fun till the tread is gone then send them for recycling.

Floyd

I have never been able to read tire date codes.   I'm guessing these are 94 or 84. 

I guess I should be embarrassed to say that I was driving on these up until a couple of years ago when I switched to different wheels and tires. 

I'm thinking someone might be able to use them as rollers, or burnout contest fodder....

Daveh

I wouldn't risk it either.  They are old.  I would just use them as beaters to move the car around the shop, etc.   

6bblgt

@Floyd your latest attachment has no size ?? :takepicture:

Shane Kelley

Chryco Psycho

even for burnouts who would risk a 1/4 panel & paint unless the vehicle is worthless also