Main Menu

WIW Challenger T/A

Started by JH27N0B, July 22, 2021, 10:32:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Sadly, a local long time Mopar guy passed earlier this year and his family is now looking to sell his cars.
I've seen his T/A but it's been a long time.  No pictures at this time.  It's orange, black top, pretty sure 4 speed, and has window louvers and steel wheels.
He'd talked about wanting to treat the cat to a ground up resto but never did.  In the meantime, the car was running and driving, at least the last time I saw it.
I know without pictures and more details, it's hard to nail down a value. But assuming numbers match, some paperwork documentation, what is a good honest T/A with some rust and patina worth?  I'm thinking $40-45K?
They also have a '99 Wells Cargo 28' enclosed trailer I could use.  What is it worth?  What should I look for if I go check it out?  Tires I'm sure, evidence of leaks.  Anything else.
He had a hemi cuda too.  :wowzers:

headejm

As you stated, many unknowns when trying to place a value on any car. I would assume that a "long time Mopar guy" took care of the car as best as possible. Using your description, I'd say you are pretty close at $40-45k. Could be $35 with a lot of rust and probably not $50k if it needs a full restoration. Keep us posted on the potential sale.  :cheers:

anlauto

Yup, I think you nailed it :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

One Eyed monster dash or Rally?    Hopefully it is 4spd, IMO that's huge on T/A-AAR... Sorry to hear about your friend...