Main Menu

WIW: Complete 8 3/4 Rear Axle w/ 489 Center

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, September 02, 2023, 02:12:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

I have a complete, working hub to hub, drum brake posi rear end out of my '70 Cuda.  I am trying to make some space and would like to sell it if possible - is there any value and if so what should I ask for it?  I have not opened it up so don't know much about it
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

70_440-6Cuda

bump - any opinions?  just looking to move this out and make some additional space - suggestions on selling? or donating if need be!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Floyd

I'll go with $900-$1200 assuming, because of your location, it's not a rusty hulk.  Verification of a SG and a 3:55 or 3:91 ratio would push the price to that upper end.

70_440-6Cuda

Thank you Sir!!  Much appreciated!  I need to get my sh** together, get organized and put some work into this thing but have NO space!

ignition1

Just sold one locally for $550 picked up. 8-3/4" 489 3.55 Suregrip in great condition from a running car, I thought it was a deal for the buyer. I would have sold the whole e-body axle for $700 axle-axle w/o drum brakes or backing plates.

RUNCHARGER

Agreed. $500 was a steal for that. $500-$1000 would be the working range depending on gear ratio etc.
Sheldon