Main Menu

WIW - Overdrive 4 speed Transmission

Started by Crocha617, January 28, 2019, 01:22:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

I ended up with the majority of an E-body 4 speed setup this weekend that includes an Overdrive transmission. I've never had one so I was trying to decide whether or not to use it or trade it for a regular 4 speed. Any opinions on WIW or if I should just use instead of selling or trading it? Another piece of information is the Bell housing that I have is for a regular 4 speed so that was another reason I was leaning towards trading it.

Fastmark

The last OD trans I bought, I gave $200 for trans, bell housing, shifter and rods from a pickup. They usually don't bring much. He had no takers after a month of advertising at 500. Not sure what I will do with it but I may try it in my cuda. I've installed a couple af sets of Passon OD gears and they are a better ratio but cost $2000. I've got plenty of cases to install them in 307 bearing cases so I may do that.

edison1970

I would keep it for parts. The tail shaft housing can be used on another 4 speed trans from a b body.

Brads70

Chryco Psycho

IMO use it or at least try it , if your belhousing has the 4.80 " HOLE JUST HAVE THE FRONT BRG RETAINER TURNED DOWN TO THAT SPEC on a lathe [sorry caps lock !!] if your belhousing is 4.35 you would have to cut the bellhousing & you have to run one of the 633s with the small 307 front brg .
I have installed a lot of them , only 1 customer had me remove it , the rest liked it