Main Menu

WIW Rallye Fender Scoops

Started by 71vert340, January 03, 2021, 08:54:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

I have a set of the Rallye front fender scoops with no idea what they're worth. I do not have the plastic inserts but see they're available for about $90 a pair. The broken studs on these have been replaced with 1/4"-20 studs for a standard nut without drilling through to the face side. What are they worth? Thanks.
Terry W.

Burdar

How did you insert the studs.  Some areas of those scoops are very thin.

I bought a set that had all the studs intact for $100.  That was probably 10 years ago.  I'm not sure yours are worth that even though the broken studs have been fixed.  $100 is probably where I'd start though.  If no takers, you can lower the price a little.

Floyd

I sold a set within the last 1-2 years and got $50 on eBay.  All studs were good except for one.  No plastic inserts.  I saw the really high ($200 plus) completed auctions back then too but I suspect there was some shilling going on.

71vert340

Thanks for the replies. $75 is the cutoff point for me on parts now. If what they're worth is below that, they go to the local metal recycle center. Not worth the effort to take anything less. Again, thanks.
Terry W.

Floyd

True, but I also look at ease of packaging.  I think those will fit in a USPS Large Flat Rate box, so that's a plus.  Of course, then you have to deal with the post office's jacked up delivery capability (of late), so that's a negative.

Skid Row

:thumbdown: First off, I consider myself very fortunate to be in an E-Body owner, I've been scrounging parts for my 73 Challenger for 32 years as the prices for anything and everything continued to climb. I'm almost finished to the point where I will have it running/drivable this year. If I had to start over today,I would sadly have to part it out. I want to thank all of the "Real" Mopar  owners who have helped me get here. That part that you don't need may be just what someone has needed for a long time but can't afford.

71vert340

@Skid Row. If you lived in the Pacific NW, I'd give you my parts that no one seems to want. I have a friend with a 72 Challenger and he's been getting his Ram truck loaded with parts from me. I'm giving them to him. I have a 68 440 HP sitting in my shop I gave to him. He just needs to come get it. He's gotten bucket seats from me, hoods, doors, door panels, interior pieces etc. all for free. Anything he needs, if I have it, I give to him. As I keep digging into my parts, I find more parts I'll never use. Unfortunately, shipping the parts, buying boxes, tubes, etc. have all gone up in price. It's sad. Be assured, before I recycle, I ask him to come get the parts if he wants them. He checks them out and decides if he wants/needs them. He's trying to get his Challenger done but being laid off doesn't help him.
Terry W.

Skid Row

:handshake: Terry, Thank-You for your reply and the fact that you are a "Real" Mopar Guy. Wish I lived a little closer, Sorry if I sounded critical of your post as I sorta cringe when I hear anyone recycle an old part...Sid C

jimynick

Rather than just toss them, why not put an add in CL or Kijiji and make the price a case of beer, first come, first get? At the worst, you'll have some suds to drown your sorrows.  :cheers:
PS- Good for you in giving someone who can use them, the parts you can't! Well done!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"