Main Menu

70 Cuda parking brake

Started by B5fourspeed, August 10, 2020, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

B5fourspeed

How far in does the E brake cable go in where the clamp with the screw and nut go on the mechanism?Does the clamp just go over the cable or does it go over the housing on the outer cable?The clamp does not seem to fit over the outer cable.

anlauto

Goes over the housing, it's a tight fit with the reproduction cables. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

B5fourspeed

Thank you Alan that is why I was asking because it was  tight and it just did not seem right.Does it go on the front part of the housing or rear.The front has a little c clip on it.Thank for the help I knew you would know.

anlauto

In my opinion, it clamps where the clip is, just remove the clip first and a way you go ! :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

B5fourspeed

B5fourspeed

Alan I removed the clip and the cable fit nice in the holder.I wonder why they put a clip on that side?

anlauto

Quote from: B5fourspeed on August 10, 2020, 04:35:11 PM
Alan I removed the clip and the cable fit nice in the holder.I wonder why they put a clip on that side?

"they" likely never restored a car before.