Main Menu

Cuda wheel stuts

Started by Meyer, August 23, 2020, 02:28:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Meyer

Do they all run the same? Or are the reverse

Cuda Cody

@Meyer  originally in 1970 they were reversed on one side, but 1971 and up should all be normal.  If I recall correctly.

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California

xx88man

:welcome:  @Meyer from BC Canada. Where are you located?
Keep yer foot in it

76orangewagon

anlauto

QuoteWTF is a wheel stut?

Likely a spelling mistake :dunno: :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

He probably meant "stud", you know, like Alan!  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ToxicWolf

They were reversed on my 70 Challenger so I pulled out the reversed ones and put in new ones so they would all be in the same direction.

cudamadd

The L/H back wheel only on my cuda was reversed ,so I replaced them to be safe . Just in case I had to leave it at the tyre place ,you know this generation a young Tyre fitter would not look and see the different tread and stuff up my studs it's happen before so that's the main reason I changed them  :australia:

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I like the lefties as there is some engineering behind them but if anyone else is going to be touching your wheels it's just easier to go all rights. 1970 was the last year for lefties on a Mopar.
Sheldon

jimynick

You should've heard me when I realized that a shop that'd repaired my car back in the 80's had put a left hand rotor on the right side of my car- a 74 Challenger! Good thing I finally caught it before twisting off the "stuts"!  ;) I ended up giving the 2 piece rotor to Alan for his collection.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"