Main Menu

1970 Challenger parking brake lever, need a picture?

Started by Brads70, May 13, 2017, 05:29:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

shawge

It's probably the small spring inside the assembly as Alan said. I'll bet  :alan2cents: the spring is still hanging on in there.  When mine broke from being in the acid bath too long, I scrounged one from a set of springs from HF.

Edit: small spring here, from MegaParts kit
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=199-DR056A
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

BillyB

FYI. The exact bushing can be found at Grainger under the description of "nylon shoulder washer" here: https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-0-25-in-Nylon-6-6-Shoulder-4DCJ9

Replacing this bushing requires removing the release lever linkage at the rivet, but the shoulder washer does have the clearance to go over the bends in the linkage.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

R/T's 4 R/P

It's not big bucks...but if anyone bought a box of the Grainger plastic grommets and wants to sell a few Pm me.
I may buy a box and try them out.
However, it appears the original version had a wide portion that allowed it to snap in place.
The Mega Parts kit has a rubber grommet, that works, but also can become dislodged if you pull the arm and it drags on the grommet.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

Ns1aar

Just bought a box of th bushings ill see what happens

DeathProofCuda

@Brads70 Did you ever get this issue resolved, and if so, what was the fix?

Brads70

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on July 18, 2023, 12:37:57 PM
@Brads70 Did you ever get this issue resolved, and if so, what was the fix?

Humm to be honest I can't remember? I did source a replacement parking brake mechanism but it's still sitting on the shelf. Can't say I use the parking brake much being an automatic.
Sorry I know that's not much help.