Main Menu

1973 Barracuda Rear Shock replacement video

Started by JunkYardFind, February 20, 2021, 07:20:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JunkYardFind

Just posted another JunkYard TV video on replacing the rear shocks on my 73 Cuda. It's just a quick basic vid but I did run into a bit of trouble getting one of the shocks off the upper mount :/ Check it out here if you want....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5TPAvENVF8
Thanks

www.JunkYardFind.com What's In YOUR Garage ?

Those

Nice video, did you always have dual exhausts?

JunkYardFind

@Those
I believe it originally had the stock manifolds into a single exhaust pipe, hence the single mount on the pass side.
I have had headers on for a long time, pretty much since I bought the car in 1991. Put TTI ceramic coated headers on about 10 years ago. They are great!

Dakota

WARNING!  Do not click on the link in the previous post about a great deal on tools as it may be from a hacker.  I've flagged the message for the moderators to investigate.

IF I'm wrong, I'll apologize.

anlauto

Quote from: Dakota on February 22, 2021, 04:03:27 AM
WARNING!  Do not click on the link in the previous post about a great deal on tools as it may be from a hacker.  I've flagged the message for the moderators to investigate.

Good call, looks suspicious to me too :vipermanhiding:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Those

Wow, Thanks for the warning. I wish I were more in tune to that stuff. I read about half the post and skipped the rest.

Dakota

Quote from: Dakota on February 22, 2021, 04:03:27 AM

The suspicious post has been deleted.  Thanks mods!

JunkYardFind

I did not even see the link. Did someone spam this post?

anlauto

Quote from: JunkYardFind.com on February 22, 2021, 01:16:52 PM
I did not even see the link. Did someone spam this post?

YES, I they did an impressive job of it to....first being on topic, then mentioning the OP's car and then suggested you could never have enough tools...here's a link etc... :looney:   new login in, first post type thing...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JunkYardFind

@anlauto
Oh man, NOT cool!
Wish I would have seen it. I would try to trace it back and mess with them  :thumbdown:

oldmoparbuff

Did the shock access point in the trunk originally have plug covers?

JS29