Main Menu

1973 Cuda factory wheels

Started by cudacruiser, November 07, 2022, 08:20:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudacruiser

I have a '73 Cuda but no idea if it has the correct wheels on it.  No build sheet.  Wondering how you tell, or maybe you have a choice of a couple?

6bblgt

HERE ARE THE CHOICES FROM THE FACTORY ON THE 1973 Barracuda & 'cuda

if your brake drums have evidence of factory applied red paint on them - the car had ROAD or RALLYE wheels on it

cudacruiser

Thanks! I have the 3rd style on the car now, no idea if original.  I prefer the 4th style myself.

6bblgt

the wheels will have a date on them by the valve stem  :takealook:
  & there will be a production "complete" date printed on a sticker on the driver's door  :takealook:
    - these two dates should be very close if the wheels are original to the car  :twothumbsup:  when the car was new, the 5-spoke ROAD wheels were twice the $$$ of the RALLYE wheels   :bigmoney:

Hood

For what it's worth, my 73 Cuda which I ordered in September of 72 came with the 1st picture, dog dish hub caps with GoodYear F-70 RWL tires. Rims were painted black from the factory.
Original owner with 100% documentation.
Ordered my Cuda on September 29th 1972

dvs cycles

Quote from: cudacruiser on November 07, 2022, 08:37:24 PM
Thanks! I have the 3rd style on the car now, no idea if original.  I prefer the 4th style myself.
Mine came with the 4th style in 1973. 2023 me would prefer the 3rd style and would not have put Cragar SS wheels on it back then.
50 years and your tastes change.

anlauto

A lot of the cars I've restored seems like when they were ordered with 14" wheels it was the #3 Wheel, I can't remember the last E Body I restored with factory #4 wheels  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration