Main Menu

70 barracuda power brake booster

Started by michael hoffman, February 14, 2020, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

michael hoffman

I am trying to replace brake booster on a 70 barracuda.  The brake pedal arm has two bolts that are near impossible to remove.  The top one holds the booster.  Anyone have diagrams or instructions(ALLDATA) or tricks.  Help appreciated, Michael

JS29

:welcome:  @michael hoffman  A factory service manual will be a must have for meany reasons.  :handshake: 

Cuda Cody

@michael hoffman  this might be a useful link.

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/

If you are not able to get it, post a photo of the area you are having issues with and I'm sure we can help.  And Welcome to the forum!  :welcome:

anlauto

Take the large bolt out that connects the pivot linkage to the brake pedal. Then take the long pivot bolt out of the bottom of the pivot linkage. Remove the tension spring if it's even there. Once you have these two bolts out, and of course the four nuts holding the booster to the firewall....you can pull the booster off of the firewall taking the pivot linkage with it. Swap the linkage over to the new booster on the bench and install in the same matter.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration