Main Menu

70 Challenger leaf springs and front Brake Rotors, I have questions :)

Started by Marksmopar1, March 26, 2019, 08:06:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marksmopar1

Hi,
  I have a couple of questions, I know this group can help!

First, 70 Challenger R/T 440 Auto, how many leaf springs should there be on the left and right spring stack?
I was also under the impression that a short leaf spring was on the bottom of the stack and this one had the P#'s
If you have a picture I would appreciate it. I am thinking a short leaf was used,,,,,but it looks like it was removed from my car....as it is not there, I suspect it was taken for the numbers on the leaf... Grrrrrrrr

The front power disc brake Rotors, are these the style that have a separate removable hub?
I ask because I have a removable hub style on the drivers side and a non hub (solid) Rotor on the passenger side.
This is defiantly wrong,,,but any thoughts?  Was a solid rotor available as a replacement? This one has me stumped. The car was driven like this,,,no issues?

Thanks in advance, pictures if possible help :)

Cuda Cody

1970 was a 2 piece brake disc, they went to 1 piece later on.  Either of them work fine, but the 2 piece is rare and hard to find.

Marksmopar1

Thanks

Ok, I will likely have to get another (or both) rotors in the no hub style as I only have the one hub  damn!
As long as the solid rotor works ...I can cruise, all good.

RUNCHARGER

You should have a half leaf spring on the bottom of the stack, it will be pointing forward on the right spring, backwards on the left spring.
Sheldon

Marksmopar1

Thanks,
  That is what I thought, I have four leafs on both side and no short leaf on either.
This car was coded for the A36/ A 62.  I am sure someone help themselves to the short P# leafs

Does four leafs sound correct? Then a short leaf on each on the bottom?