Main Menu

70 E body calipers

Started by ply64post, December 19, 2019, 10:34:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ply64post

Cody
A suggestion,would it be a problem if there was a tech or quick reference section started and members could contribute pictures and information. Example: I would like to know how to identify an E body brake caliper.I know there is a lot knowledge on this site. Just asking!

:thinking:                     :thankyou:  Jeff

xx88man

I think that's a great idea!  I'll help you out with the 1970 calipers. Casting number for 1970 calipers is KH 80012. They are also easy to tell because of the "wide mouth". See the pics for comparison. The bottom one is a 1970. Correction the bottom one is 1970
Keep yer foot in it

ply64post

xx88man Thank You. That is great with the pictures showing the difference between them.The next question  would be are 70's a 1 year caliper and 71-74 there own? This is an example of what would be nice to have a reference section that members could access.

Thank You
                                                            Jeff

anlauto

I have a few extra wide mouth ones kicking around here, I'll see if I can post some pictures... :takepicture:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

1970 Cuda.  Date coded also.

6Pack70

Borrowed from Google. 1970 "wide mouth " type on Left.

anlauto

Excellent pictures,  :worship: :clapping: saves me from going to my storage area. :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration