Main Menu

A66 Wheels/Tires....almost there and could need some help before placing order

Started by kawahonda, June 18, 2018, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mark_B

Quote from: kawahonda on December 03, 2019, 12:55:57 PM
It means you'll have more sidewall flex. If you're rallying the car, it won't be very ideal. But if you're just going for cruises, and hitting the drag strip, it will probably be "fine".
btw, nice Les Pauls. I still have mine stored in cases.

That's a good point.  I have 255/60/15s on my Mach 1 Mustang and there are definite scraps in the side walls where the tire has come in contact with the wheel arch rim.  I'll have to keep these tires pumped up to 35psi and take it easy around corners.

Re the guitars, thanks for your comments, I have about 20 guitars at the moment, probably owned over 100 in all.  My best guitar is the Gibson Les Paul 2005 Standard Faded.  Nothing has ever come close.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

Mark_B

I fitted the 255/60/15s to my 340 yesterday.  I cut inner lip on the arches back, sealed the inside and then fitted them, they seem to fit nicely.  They give car a little more stance.

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

kawahonda

Look awesome.

I personally would like the rear just a tad lower, but that's preference. I'm assuming you have +1" springs as well?
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Mark_B

Thanks.  I didn't add the leaf spring in the end.  The tire is on a 15x7 so it seems to be sitting taller.  I also have lower profile 225's on the front which makes the back seem higher.

Also I've noticed for some strange reason 255/60/15s appear taller than 275/60/15s on 15x8s.  They shouldn't do but the cars I've seen with 275s seems to sit low and wide.

El Hemi's Challenger has a very similar size to the 255's and that looks perfect to me.

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

Mark_B

Here's a clearer shot of the tyres.

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

Mark_B

Here are some shots I took of a Cuda and Challenger with 275/60/15s on the rear.  They seem to sit low.

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

kawahonda

Those other shots look awesome! Sounds like you got it pretty darn dailed in!

Once your fronts wear out, you may consider going to 235s.

Mark_B

I kind of like the look of it as it is.  And I'm a kid of the 70s and like that 1970s street machine look.  This looks right to me!

Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

kawahonda

Kid of the 90s myself.  :bradsthumb:

Love mine. Better than stock, but still flat and mean.

235s all around. I'm afraid to fuss with the stance because I find it perfect

Like I mentioned 255s look awesome on rear, but a raked challenger doesn't blend with the side lines for my eyes. Balanced with 235s in the front it may just look ideal even.

My pops is a fan of super raked stuff. I feel it.  :)

Glad you like your new tires!

kawahonda

Another side shot. Was cold today.

This photo really screams challenger more than most IMO.

bc3j

Mark_B

Great shots!  Thanks for sharing.

Took a shot of mine today.
Mark
www.dodgechallenger.uk

boydsdodge

this is 235/60r15 frt 255/60r15 rear. No engine.

kawahonda

That to me is perfect...that engine is going to settle that front down a little. Looks great already!