Main Menu

Aftermarket steering wheels for a 1970 Cuda

Started by soccernut43, January 31, 2019, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

shawge

PG Classic Tuff wheel and a NuPar (@Mickm) horn button. Fratzog was custom etched.
I did retap the wheel holes for SAE threads.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

318Stroker

That cap looks great. Is that an aftermarket cap?

JS29

Yes NuPar Makes them, I have one of his horn caps on mt Barracuda with the fish on it. like the rim blow wheel. Mike it grate to deal with.  :ohyeah:

dave73

Quote from: Brads70 on January 31, 2019, 03:47:25 PM
I suspect the tuff wheels are made by 2 manufacturers. I'd suggest the one Cody linked to. I got mine here...
https://pgclassic.com/256-bs-c-mopar-a-b-c-e-body-leather-tuff-steering-wheel/
I did have the plastic Grant one and found the PG one much nicer ( soft leather wrapped) It's also available in different colours.

What center cap is that?

Brads70

Quote from: dave73chally on February 05, 2019, 03:00:07 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on January 31, 2019, 03:47:25 PM
I suspect the tuff wheels are made by 2 manufacturers. I'd suggest the one Cody linked to. I got mine here...
https://pgclassic.com/256-bs-c-mopar-a-b-c-e-body-leather-tuff-steering-wheel/
I did have the plastic Grant one and found the PG one much nicer ( soft leather wrapped) It's also available in different colours.

What center cap is that?

Dodge rim blow cap. It doesn't just snap on. Had to do a bit of MacGyvering....

Tantster

How difficult was it to make the Rim blow cap work? I like the look of it better than the standard Tuff cap.

RUNCHARGER

That looks great, probably feels great as well.
Sheldon

JS29

@Tantster    The Nupar cap comes with instructions, It's not to bad of a job. They can now give you a textured cap that looks more like the original factory rim blow horn button.  :bigthumb:

Brads70

Quote from: Tantster on July 31, 2020, 06:23:09 AM
How difficult was it to make the Rim blow cap work? I like the look of it better than the standard Tuff cap.

I had to machine up a spacer ring and machine the horn button slightly.