Main Menu

booster and brake master

Started by automate33, January 14, 2018, 11:17:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

automate33

Hi guys!

I would like to install the correct power brake booster for my challenger 1971 RT 340 (front = disc and rear = Drum).

Who know the correct numbers of booster and master?

Thanks in advance!

cyril  :france:

JH27N0B

I don't know the part number, but most '71s got a gold cad plated Kelsey Hayes booster.
My October '70 built '71 Challenger has a Bendix booster same as '70s used.  I've been told it might be correct for my early build car as some '70 parts carried over into early '70 production, but I don't know for sure.
The master cylinder is 3461176 which can be identified by casting number 3461187.  This part was sort of a one size fits all used on B, C and E bodies for 3 or 4 years, so theoretically it should be easy to find, but I don't see them listed for sale very often.

anlauto

:iagree: with everything above except it's not "Kelsey Hayes", it's Midland-Ross.

Kelsey Hayes is Calipers. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Oops, my bad.  Thanks for the correction Alan!
Now if I could only get a definitive answer if Bendix boosters were indeed used early in the model year on '71 power brake E bodies or were Midland Ross used the entire run.  :notsure:

anlauto

I would say most definitely Bendix boosters were used on early 71 models :alan2cents: I've restored several.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Cool, my October built Challenger has the correct booster.
Just to clarify for someone referring to this thread to determine correct boosters.  We are talking about non hemi cars.  Power brake hemi E bodies got a unique $$$ hemi only booster in 70 and 71.

automate33

For front disc and rear drum it's 3461187 for master cylinder?
And for booster? do you know correct number?

Many thanks!

JH27N0B

That's the casting number you can identify one by.
I don't know the booster part numbers.

340challconvert

This is a list I had on file for identifying Master cylinders.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

whitewatersky

I have no idea of the correctness, but I found this page while looking for options to restore/replace my master cylinder and booster (for my T/A):

http://therammaninc.com/files/categories/Moparts_Complete_Guide_to_Mopar_Master_Cylinders_1967-19743.pdf
T/A Auto Plum Crazy